Front Louise

Matthew_Gibson

.........Got a ‘lil problem with my front Louise disk. It doesn’t seem to work! I was out and I heard a rubbing noise, ( thought it was the rear pads on the rim) It was the front pad rubbing on the disk, and it didn’t seem to work well! I undone the 2.5mm bolt until the lever didn’t bite on the disk and tightened it back up thinking that it was just that. (pic below)

IPB Image

Should I bleed it? With what? Can u use water on Louise’s? Or proper Maggie oil (the blood stuff)

Can anyone help me?

Cheers Matt (Y)

Edited by Matt Gibson

How will the water boil??

Ahhh coming to think of it, is it the heat generated from the rotor?

Ummm YES! ALOT of heat is generated from the friction forces between the rotor and pads. Even if a little water is in the system that can boil and cause vapor lock which I mentioned earlier (caused by the water vapor taking up more volume than the water and locking the brake on, obviously not fun). To give you an example of how hot a disc brake can get, on my FR bike me and mates have gotten to the bottom of a hill and been able to empty 1 litre of water on it and still have it instantly evaporate!

I have had this problem a lot on my louise. If you undo the bolts on the caliper then hold the lever when you redo them this should re-align the brake completetly thus stopping the rubbing (theoretically :S ) It has worked for me on a couple of occasions.

I don't mean to steal your topic but how do you adjust the modulation on the louise and do they all come with a plastic lever? :(

cheers

I have had this problem a lot on my louise. If you undo the bolts on the caliper then hold the lever when you redo them this should re-align the brake completetly thus stopping the rubbing (theoretically :S ) It has worked for me on a couple of occasions.

I don't mean to steal your topic but how do you adjust the modulation on the louise and do they all come with a plastic lever? :(

cheers

mine's got a metal lever with black paint on - its an 05 louise FR - like the one in the pic but all black.

I dont know about the boggo louise though.