How Do You Pedal Kick?

wez

I can back hop massivly don't no if that is a good thing though but i am left footed for my trial hops but the thing is my feet keep on spinning around when i try to pedal kick it is very annoying

cheers wez :D

Edited by wez

Can you backhop? if you can't backhop then you don't have a chance at pedal kicking.

First you ned to learn how to backhop, and once you get the hang of that you need you get into a backhop, then leav forward slightly and release the back brake and pedal about a sixth of the way round, and as you do this you need to hop, so basically it's a backhop but you lean forwards and pdeal. once you've done that you need to bring your feet back to how you like, and pull the brake again.

you may have to hop about a bit to keep your balance, you'll get the hang of it eventiually, but you'll have to keep practising (sp).

you'll probably have to adopt your own method, because everone is different and therfore rides differently.

Hope i help Mike!!!

well make sure your feel are in the possition you want them to be in before you try to pedal kick or backhop, what freewheel are you running? because if your moving your feel about too mucg trying to find an engagment point (ep) then perhaps you whold get a freewheel with more ep's, but even if it's only got about 32 you shouldn't be moving your feet that much. how do you get onto your backwheel? (i remember my mate having the same problem on this bike before he swapped it for an airsoft gun) do you go onto the front wheel and then lean back when you come back down? because thats what he did, try just leaning back and pedaling if thats how you get onto the back wheel. how long have you been trying it? it'll take about 2 weeks to perfect, so just keep trying! persistance is the key skill in trials!

Mike!!!

A: what the hell is a trial hop ?

B: mike is right

C: as always, ask julien. go to www.trashzen.com then click pedal hop

D: The secret appears to be in kicking late - after you start throwing yourself forwards(but obviously before you take off). I can only cover 3 or 4 feet from the backwheel so I'm not the best person to be taking advice from on technique but kicking later got me from 18 inches to 3-4 foot, I think its just adding some power and balls to go further.

What you wana do Wes is get the names right, help you and us. It goes for all to be fair

1. Left footed is what you are, i'll check this on our next ride, you wont know i'll be doing it but don't think i'm gonna be starting a fight with you when i do it. (there is only real way before any of you munters start off at me)

2. Can you blance on the spot, ie trackstand..it'll help you

3. Can you wheels form standing, standing up and doing all the driving power left footed?

4. You need to do a standing up wheely, then adding some brakes, so wheel brake, hold it on the back wheel, then wheel more, then add the hope.

I've the vids trick and stunts that will show you and i will in person too

sorry to ruin your plan but are you planning to push his forward from behind when he's standing? and see what foot he puts down first? that doesn't work mate, my friend did it to me before when i didn't know what he was doing to try and determine my chocolate foor for BMXing, and i put my right foot first, but i use my left foot as my chocolate foot!

Sorry to ruin your plan,

Mike!!!

I am always telling him the way to pedal kick, but its the way he pulls up the bike its completly wrong to start off with, the problem is he lifts the bike and his feet are in the wrong possision, one crank is pointing up and one is pointing down, now if he does what i tell him to do and keep the cranks level he won't have this problem.

Rob. B)

Edited by Onza T-pro Rob

Umm leavle can help, i do mine leavle and sometime with the crank up a bit but i did see you Wes withthe crank too high up resutling the bike going back behind you.

When you both free next? We need to make trials bikes out of you ''trials bikes'' and make them worphy of it and then we need to go session it up like and get you some skills.

Umm leavle can help

Who's he?

I also want to know what a trials hop is :S

And pedal kicking, just keep practicing like 2 hours a day, and you'll have it, within a month (Y). Put your favourite foot forward, throw weight forwards to an endo, throw your weight back SMOOTHLY and the front end will rise, then get into the mind of:

release brake->pedal->jump->brake->land->release brake->pedal->jump->land

etc. When I started I convinced myself that it was impossible to do this, but after a month I was confident enough to try drops etc.

Then came booning... but you don't want to know about that yet (N)lol

Hi, i think trashzen.com will help you the most. I am in the learning process too, i dont no weather to cradle to get my balence before i go on too the back wheel. My mates say it makes me lose balance but i think it gives me control? Good luck with trials though. (Y)

I learnt the easy way. Rest your front wheel on an obstacle, maybe 2ft high. Then lean back to get your balance on the back wheel. Then take a hop back, and try to put a hop in forwards. Just keep practising that.

As for keeping your feet level, thats daft, you'll have no power. One pedal needs to be a little higher that level, so when you've put your kick in, both feet are level.