Musicians: Cubasist Vst

Trials boy Joe

Hey,

Ive just got cubasis vst after months of using fl studio and i don't know how to insert my guitar into cubasis as i allready have my guitar plugged into the pc. I know how to record my guitar and save it as .wav and .mps but i dont know how to enter those recordings into cubasis. Please help!!!

Thanks

Joe

Cubasist is not good at recording live audio. Acid pro is the best program you can use but it cost like £300. I do not know how to record live audio on to a computer. I think if you have a microphone you can record but i honestly dont know.

Joel

Cheers for the help but i know how to record live audio into my computer already - I just can't use cubasis.

Joe

I use cubase sx so things might be a tad different, but you need to configure the programme to recognize your soundcard. Then you do a new project, add audio track, choose whether you want mono or stereo (best go for mono) then press * (keyboard shortcut for record) and play the thing. When done hit space to stop it recording and it should work. Unless you have some guitar amp simulator programme such as guitar rig, the guitar will sound really dry and lifeless, as it just records the D.I'ed signal. So possibly better to mic up your amp if you havent got one.

Hope this helps.

Sorry I cant say much about coinfiguring the soundcard, but I just clicked away at buttons until the thing worked, so dont know how I did that.

I personally use cool edit pro. It's just about setting up the right channels for recording through your sound card and configuring them on cubase. Once you have your sound car set up Cubase should automatically recognise it and you can assign the in channels to the actual tracks on the program. It's not rocket science so just have a fiddle and you'll get there.

James