Kmc

Trials Dave

ok, i recently bought myself a wide kmc chain and i am having a few problems with it.

when i gap around on the rear wheel doing small pedal kicks the chain is fine.

when i do sidehops and short half pedal strokes it is fine.

but the problem is when i try to pedal up walls etc or generally just pedal without stopping the chain jumps.

i have thought about spacing my mech out but it looks like the chain is clearing it.

i have also looked at my chain alignment and it looks fine .

has anyone else had this problem, if so how did you solve it.

cheers

Dave

If the sprockets are older than the chain, thats probably the problem. That or the chain is catching on the bashguard.

i dont have a bashring or bashguard at the moment. i have tried the chain on a few different sprockets and it still jumps.

ok, i recently bought myself a wide kmc chain and i am having a few problems with it.

when i gap around on the rear wheel doing small pedal kicks the chain is fine.

when i do sidehops and short half pedal strokes it is fine.

but the problem is when i try to pedal up walls etc or generally just pedal without stopping the chain jumps.

i have thought about spacing my mech out but it looks like the chain is clearing it.

i have also looked at my chain alignment and it looks fine .

has anyone else had this problem, if so how did you solve it.

cheers

Dave

How old are your sprockets? KMC chains are really tough.. So if uve have 1 or more chains on your sprocket before the KMC it will take afew weeks to make its own groves in the cogs...

Dont worry just give it time... I had the same problem on my MOD (Y)

Hope this helps...

Scotty

How old are your sprockets? KMC chains are really tough.. So if uve have 1 or more chains on your sprocket before the KMC it will take afew weeks to make its own groves in the cogs...

Dont worry just give it time... I had the same problem on my MOD (Y)

Hope this helps...

Scotty

yeah cool. ive only used it for a about a month. i'll give it a few weeks then and see if it gets any better.

How well does the chain mesh into your freewheel/cog because I've just fitted a 1/8 Kool and it's skipping on the rear due to it not sitting deep enough into the sprocket. Need to get me a proper SS cog B)

hey i think your right.

on my front freewheel the chain is sitting right into the teeth but on my sprocket on the back it isnt in very much. is it possible to get a sprocket with like 'deeper' teeth so that the chain is on the teeth better.

Cheers

Dave

I'll bet my left knacker that it's the teeth that are too short :P

I fail to believe you have to ride a slipping chain until it "beds in" to the sprocket, just seems slack as f**k for how much money some of these bikes cost. I'm going for one of the cheap singlespeed kit's off ebay for mine as you get 16t and 18t cogs whereas the DMR just comes with 16t. Surly ones are nice but I'm a cheap fanny and cant justify spending £20 on a cog, even though it would be a better fit for my chain (wider teeth).