Mod Or Stock?

I have only been riding trials for just under a year and i have always ridden a mod. I tried a 26" at the beginning because my boyfriend had one but i just found the 20" so much easier to handle. I guess you really need to try each one out and see what one suits your style of riding best :D

Yeah your size does help as well. I am only 5"4 so the mod suits me better but, my boyfriend is only 5"4 and he rode a 26" for over two years but is now trading it in for a mod so you can still ride a 26" if you are smaller but the mod would probably suit you better (Y)

Yeah your size does help as well. I am only 5"4 so the mod suits me better but, my boyfriend is only 5"4 and he rode a 26" for over two years but is now trading it in for a mod so you can still ride a 26" if you are smaller but the mod would probably suit you better (Y)

I'm 5"7 but I'm only 13 so will probably grow a bit more

Well iv been riding for about a week now and i love mods im not sure about stock beacause iv never rode one but apparently there hard to ride so anyone who rides one and rides it well i have respect for (Y)

but i still love my mod ^_^

wez :D

I have got only two stock riders that i really respect they are Gary and Pete they are amazing but i have loads of mod riders that i respect they are rob (my best mate) tom,keran,alex and loads more i just cant remember thir names :$ and then thers me im not very good though :( but hopefully i will get better in time.

I have got only two stock riders that i really respect they are Gary and Pete they are amazing but i have loads of mod riders that i respect they are rob (my best mate) tom,keran,alex and loads more i just cant remember thir names :$ and then thers me im not very good though :( but hopefully i will get better in time.

Aaah shucks :$:P . Mod is allot easier to learn, its lighter and easier to through around. So I would go for a mod if I was you, ether a T-pro or a T-mag.

Just always riddern stock, im quite short 5'11ish but am built go gym e.t.c. so have always been able to handle the larger bike and muscle it arround e.t.c. but if your only 13 you would be far better going for a MOD and looking for a stock when bigger if thats what you are looking to do. But i started stock when i was 15 so its all swings and roundabouts

Well to start off I'd just like to say hi.

Anyway, I'm starting trials, and after about a month of riding it on my street bike I'd like to get a proper trials bike. As it says in the title which would be better to start on?

Oh and I'm not that well off at the moment (N) so I'm leaning towards a mod...

Thanks

u dont need to get a mod bike because u are beginner. my first bike was an onza t-raptor which i baught from here and i sont regret it the are easy to move around.hope i helped (Y)

take my advice (you dont have to but :P )

Istarted off on a stocl, got pretty good, then i had a go on my mates mod and i was shit hot i was killing every one :P . so i sold my stock and bought a very VERY nice mod loved it to bits got pretty darn good, then i got a zoo and i was preety hot on that but i found that i was not built for a mod so i have gone back to stock and my days i wishehed i had never got rid of my stock now ive gone back to stock and i love it its great.

No offence to mod riders because im not saying its easy AT ALL but its alot harder to become shit hot on a stock, there are mod amazing riders riding 20" now than 26". So i would say get a stock, it will take longer to learn but it will pay off at the end when your killing every one on thier mods :P it feels alot nicer on a stock aswell.

BUt its your choise man, id say go stock you can get great 26 inch bikes for very cheap prices. I bought a echo urban the other day VERY NICE SPEC ic i may say so :P bought it with the money i got for selling my zoo. this cost £150, so i had quite a bit of cash left for upgrades, i took it out and found the bad parts and replaced them, within about a week 2 weeks i have one of the nicest stock bikes in my area. Hope mono mini hope xc's tensiles heatsink CNC's and its very nice.

Id say GO STOCK !!!

Really it's best that you try out the two bikes, they're both very different to ride.

If your starting and planning on getting a new bike, go for

This Mod

OR...

This Stock

They're both really good bikes, i've ridden both and personally think they Ride beautifully and as they're bot really common the parts are really compatible so you can upgrade easily (Y)(Y)(Y)

Hope I help Mike!!!

I agree with chris....

a mod will get you good quick, so if you wanna impress your mates and look good quick go for mod.

However, you wont learn the skills as much as you would on a stock......a mod is kinda handing you skill on a plate.

Stocks take longer to learn on (debatable) but you need to move your body about more (body english) to get good results....this is really good for you in the long run as when you start going bigger you already know the body movment, just need to make them bigger.........with a mod, the bike does half the work.

Thats the reason why I started on stock, its just so much more satisfiying than mod.

also, I see just about every new rider getting a mod, then they just learn to back wheel and just do that all the time, as if their front wheel doesnt exist....it drives me up the wall....whatever bike you get, just remember that theres more to rear wheel control

You're 13, a begginer and are (currently) low on money.

I'm also guessing you're not (yet) built too muscly.

Get a mod to learn on. It'll be cheaper, easier to learn basics on (I would have got one if I hadn't ridden 26" bikes all my cycling "career") and it will be easier to chuck around. Then after maybe 6 months to a year get a stock, just remember to keep in mind the whole time - MODS SUCK. Stock ***