Why Can I Only Drop Off Stuff?!

<trialsking>

ive been riding trials for about nine months now, im getting really good at pedal kicking and i can get down a lot of stuff with ease but my only problem is ways to get up stuff. hence as it says in the title why can i only drop off stuff!?

so if anyone has any idea's on what i shud practice or learn next it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers jamie

(Y)

hi,

well theres 2 reason i can think of,

1) You havent got the skill to get up things yet ( not mended to be effensive)

2) You havent found a way of gettin up stuff that fits your style of riding, like bunnyhopping suits me. But taps suit my mates.

so go and learn different ways, and find one which you feel most comfortable with, and practise, practise and more practise

Practise is the key

cheers wilky

If i were you i'd start simple by trying to pedal kick up a curb, not hard. Then once you can do that every time go for a couple of pallets, you will find that you can't keep pedal kicking up stuff with ease. Thats when you start to learn how to "up" things, i'm not entirely sure on what its actually called, but thats the way i went around it. Try trashzen for some help mate (Y)

That's the same position I was in a few months ago, just keep seting your self small goals. Find a wall thats a smalish size and just keep practicing at it 110% at every attempt, remember to be like a spring and recoil then jump onto it, tucking your legs in so you get more height. It's just like jumping on a wall on your feet but on a bike (if that makes sense). It's all down to control (Y) .

hi,

2) You havent found a way of gettin up stuff that fits your style of riding, like bunnyhopping suits me. But taps suit my mates.

so go and learn different ways, and find one which you feel most comfortable with, and practise, practise and more practise

Practise is the key

cheers wilky

Wilky is right you just need to find your right riding style. like one of my mates is best at getting up walls etc. by sidehopping while another mate taps to get up while i pedal kick to get up everything pretty much it just takes time to master your style (Y)

Cheers

Mitch

hi,

Practise is the key

cheers wilky

HOLY FUC*ING GRAMMAR BATMAN!

But your points are largely valid.

Don't comfort yourself with thinking 'i'm good at drops, i'll do them', force yourself to try ups over and over until you get them.

Practise makes perfect.