What Can We Do?

Connor

Basicly use your bike as a weapon. :-

on that note, one of my work mates told me about a guy in another branch (halfords gateshead) who basically floored a guy with his bike......

guy comes up to him on his bike (brand new £1700 Kona Stinky DH bike)

"eeeerrr mate, gives us you bike"

*proceed to pick up bike and throw it at him, thus flooring him*

"there you go"

*pick up bike and ride away leaving guy on floor*

when a 40lbs DH bike is coming towards you, ther eis no way in stopping it :D:lol:

on a serious note though, insure your bike, you never know when it may get stolen :mellow::unsure:

Do your usual stuff, if a person that looks dodgy starts walking towards you, look away and ride off, now if you do see a group of lads that look like they would nick your bike, do ride away and go back there a bit later, that won't hurt will it?

Now if anyone comes over to pinch your bike and you do not have time to get away, defend yourself, but do not leave your bike, if you know your gonna get beaten up, just lay on the floor with your arm around your bike frame, and do not let go!

don't mean to sound like a tit but pretty much all the suggestions here are going to be pretty dodgy to explain if the pikeys go to the poilce, which they will. As much as i love my bike and don't want to see it half inched you have to go about defending it in a certain way so as when you do kick their head in or whatever it will seem like self defence.

Basically the law says you can defend your property using reasonable force. so make sure they go for you first, then lay shit into them. That way you can say it was all self defence as you were protecting your property. plus if you use a weapon make sure it is something bike related, such as a crank arm or something along those lines.

The law sucks, when we were broken into about 5 /6 years a go, we had a row of small nails on top of our gate and the police told us that if the burglars were to complain about injuring their selves on the nails they would win the case.

cheers

For f**ks sake you can normally tell if someones dodgy and also you should always be looking around if you dont your gonna hit someone or something that you dont see.

On a more stupid note we need a secret service of kiling machines that wel kill the scum of this world.

Edited by Michael Hardman

I can't believe they said they would have won the case, that is pathetic. I can't believe the stupid laws we have, its ridiculous. When a dodgy looking bloke asks me how much its worth a say ahh its a heap of shit got it at a car boot they always believe it. Then i say oh i am meeting mates round the corner ( so they think i will have a 'crew' and never do anything) then there is my excuse to ride off. Then they say yer blad proper bad you is, innit. ?Tickety boo, all sorted.

How can you not see a big group of lads walking up to you??

So your telling me that you have never been out riding, been concentrating aot on what your doing, to stop and find a crowd of people have gathered?

Happens to me alot.

Im not going to spend all the time im out watching over my shoulder

grow older and get some nice trialsin muscles.....also have a personailty that is hard to piss off, but if someone REALLY gets at you, you go phyco! helps a lot :)

I think good insurence is the best bet, if theres just a small group or less, you have a good chance of defending yourself, but if they have wepons then just let it go and think of the nice shiney new one you will get.

Also if your not on the bike, taking the chain off, or putting the tpa right on so the wheels wont turn is a good idea, its gonna be harder to get away with a bike if you have to run off holding it.

Maybe even somthing simple like putting a stick through the spokes if you leave the bike would work?

Or a very extreme option, just carry a knife as soon as they see it, thye would run a mile. ;)

i heard that like 70% of people get stabbed with there own knives, i accidently threatened 20 people with a cricket bat and they ran away i seriously didnt mean to, *kid pins me up* i count down from 3 *pick him off his feet and slam him against locker, "shall i get something out of my locker" meaning my school shoes why i was next to my open locker *chavs look in locker* "SHIT he has a cricket bat" *chavs run off* lol

i ride in a trading estate where the only thing past 5.30 is police patrolls and ride in large groups when out on other rides, *rich from the marines with biceps like melons :- * lol

Just be prepared if you can take them then givit but be sure if not just bail or use a small disk lock to keep you bike safe nice and easy to get off, (impossible if you dont have the key)

There's 2 ways of looking at this.

If you're under 18 and you reckon you can win then you might as well fight.

If you're over 18, you fight and you win you're going to end up in the nick (well, you will if you do the job properly).

It's going to be pretty hard not to stand out if you're escaping on a stupid little bike with no seat.

Your best bet is to get some decent insurance and give the nice man with the knife your bike when he asks (not before). It's not worth getting killed over.

There's 2 ways of looking at this.

If you're under 18 and you reckon you can win then you might as well fight.

If you're over 18, you fight and you win you're going to end up in the nick (well, you will if you do the job properly).

It's going to be pretty hard not to stand out if you're escaping on a stupid little bike with no seat.

Your best bet is to get some decent insurance and give the nice man with the knife your bike when he asks (not before). It's not worth getting killed over.

I can see where you are comeing form but insurance companys are so gay nowerdays you don't actually no weather or not you are going to get ur money back!?

Sam

what bike related things can we ude to smack them up that is easily accessable (like can be out in a second)and cheap.

a random crank arm, if the police ask why your carrying it, its because last time you were out, you snapped a crank arm and you were 3 mile from home and had to walk it :blink: *also would have to carry spanner + crank tool bto compleat the story*

you could always have the right hand crank arm compleat with bashring aswell, for a more leathal aproach :rolleyes: * DOWN WITH SCUM :angry: *

Edited by street trials rider

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh man, just had a fun ride. local chavs were f**ktards as usual but pretty frindley on the whole. even recorded them talking about gay sex. then i snapped my chain so i sat down and did some more filming, the "well'ard" chavs told us we were asking to get mugged because we had all our bike and cam equipment in view of scallies eyes. what a helpfull bunch (Y)

Loosley tape a stick to your downtube, Then if trouble kicks off you have a weapon, but at the same time if a copper or hero decides to ask you why you have a massive bit of timber attached to your bike then you can say its there to prevent scratches and dents.

Just wait for the punch to come in, drop you head slightly and bam Mr Chav has a broken fist. Works with and without a helmet.

Usually just go look its a shit bike it has no seat, squeaky brakes, one gear, no suspension etc etc.

Seb

Haha mr Chav walks up to you, reach into your bag and grab the spanner, out it comes and you politely ask if you can help, slowly stroking the spanner.

No I think alot of people are right, insurance really is the best bet...

Lee is 100% right, I don't notice people alot of the time and if I get any stick you either walk away or prepare yourself, theres no real way to be safe but something hard is the best way.

Your helmet aint a bad idea, I mean being wacked in the face with one isn't my idea of fun, and if someones willing to do that your kinda sure it wasn't a mercy swing, they will be back.

A common misconception is that if you lay on the floor you'll be okay, bull shit, kicks to the face and ribs hurt a HELL of a lot more than a punch! Just don't go down keep stood up and one hand on your bike.

Its easier if someone jumps on your bike, they have both hands on the handlebars, happened to me with a bmx once, just jump on them when they try to ride off, litterally run and jump then land on them swingin'!

Have fun protecting yourselves kids!

On second thoughts, hire a big f**k off black man to protect you, like a bouncer only better!

I carry a chain whip with me,id never use it but it would probably take their face off if you did!so its just a means of scaring them. :shifty:

si.

yesterdayt i had a good length of kmc kool to sling around :P . playing with a small length now, even being hit litley would cane! spare chain people. thats where its at.

either to use as a whip or a knuckle duster (Y)

Edited by mat hudson