Hope Pro 2 Trials Hub.

thirsty2

I know there has been a lot of topics before on this but i have been hearing some stories about the new hope Pro 2 trials hub.

I am wondering wether you would be able to help me or not.

I am thinking of getting the new hope pro 2 trials hub when it comes out.

Are these rumors true or not;

"They skip a lot when you first get them."

"They break in the first week or two."

By the way, When are they coming out?

Thanks everyone!!

I wouldn't have thought that they'd brake in the first week or two, maybe the prototypes did, and thats where the roumers originated from, but i don't think that one of the biggest bike parts manafacturers would release a hub which brakes withing 2 weeks.

Where have you heard theres roumers? probably lies! LIES I TELL YOU!!!! :unsure:

if they are'nt out yet, then how can they have broken? use your noggin matey...

the protos did break, but thats no surprise, as they were trying out new ideas and stuff-it happens

as for skipping when first used, most hubs have a tendancy to do that, as perusual with hopes other hubs, i would recomend taking the grease out and filling them with oil, makes them engage far better, good luck if you do get 1, and keep us in the know how its doing :)

I wouldn't have thought that they'd brake in the first week or two, maybe the prototypes did, and thats where the roumers originated from, but i don't think that one of the biggest bike parts manafacturers would release a hub which brakes withing 2 weeks.

Where have you heard theres roumers? probably lies! LIES I TELL YOU!!!! :unsure:

Thank you a lot that has made me feel much better about them, that it was the prototypes not the real thing.

I heard the rumors from my mate that know the people that were testing them.

thank you, i'm certainly going to be getting one when they come out.

cheers

Alex!

I know there has been a lot of topics before on this but i have been hearing some stories about the new hope Pro 2 trials hub.

Thanks everyone!!

to me all of this is complete bullshit, none of my final prototypes have broken...let alone skipped....never mind breaking within two weeks........ if you dont believe me ask waynio, he uses one..........

if your that worried that a competent manufacturer can't produce a hub that last longer than two weeks then don't bother buying one......

Not sure about the rumours, but my friend uses them ('05) and thinks they're ace. I think they're coming out sometime within the month. I've not heard a specific date.

Jason

whos your freind who uses them? i beleieve the only trials riders to have them so far is me (ashley smith)

waynio, matt holdsworth and joe shepheard..............all the rest of these hubs are on xc bikes and dh bikes........ i know this for a fact

Thank you a lot that has made me feel much better about them, that it was the prototypes not the real thing.

I heard the rumors from my mate that know the people that were testing them.

thank you, i'm certainly going to be getting one when they come out.

cheers

Alex!

whos your friend who knows us..............?

ash

to me all of this is complete bullshit, none of my final prototypes have broken...let alone skipped....never mind breaking within two weeks........ if you dont believe me ask waynio, he uses one..........

if your that worried that a competent manufacturer can't produce a hub that last longer than two weeks then don't bother buying one......

whos your freind who uses them? i beleieve the only trials riders to have them so far is me (ashley smith)

waynio, matt holdsworth and joe shepheard..............all the rest of these hubs are on xc bikes and dh bikes........ i know this for a fact

whos your friend who knows us..............?

ash

Hi i can see where you are coming from.

My friend is Ash Kennard, he says that he know some people that are testing them, and that is what hes told me.

I don't now whether you know him or not.

thank you any way.

Alex!

no, i said some of the earlier proto types have (bigmans for example) but the ones ashley smith is using havent skipped yet so its promising.

If you are going to make me sound like a willy then at least get your facts straight and not put it where i can see it.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone!!

end of this week (10th jan).believe me i know.

hope you like it.

ps it wont slip

and it wont break in two weeks,

10th of January? As in about four weeks ago?

Oh yes, I believe you... :S

Clive (Leeson) has been in constant contact with Hope over the hubs and although they inch closer every day, THERE IS NO SET RELEASE DATE. Hope are working as hard as they can to make the best possible hub they can, and as far as I can see their credos is that if that means dealying the original release date by over a year, thats exactly what they're gonna do.

And all hubs skip when you break them in, so I'm personally not expecting the Pro 2 to be any different. I am expecting something special....

Rich

Edited by karsonlevoret

r1 oww is this owen?

ash

10th of January? As in about four weeks ago?

Oh yes, I believe you... :S

Clive (Leeson) has been in constant contact with Hope over the hubs and although they inch closer every day, THERE IS NO SET RELEASE DATE. Hope are working as hard as they can to make the best possible hub they can, and as far as I can see their credos is that if that means dealying the original release date by over a year, thats exactly what they're gonna do.

And all hubs skip when you break them in, so I'm personally not expecting the Pro 2 to be any different. I am expecting something special....

Rich

i would believe him if i was you..............trust me

you've just quoted the designer from hope........ the release date he meant was this week the 10th feb,

also trust me on believing that the hub will not skip..........ive used one for 6 months with no skipping yet

Edited by trialnoir

r1 oww is this owen?

ash

i would believe him if i was you..............trust me

you've just quoted the designer from hope........ the release date he meant was this week the 10th feb,

also trust me on believing that the hub will not skip..........ive used one for 6 months with no skipping yet

yes and sorry everyone i meant 10th of feb.i,m a bit old and senile

some one close this topic please, bored now!!!

if you want to know what the PRO 2 sounds like, not the TRIALS hub just the PRO 2, download my video linky compare that noise to a mono/xc/bulb.

its a beast doesnt skip, blah blah ive said all this before

stop with the god damn lies and rumours!

thank god hope have put a spokesman onto here its getting stupid!

cheers thanks for the pics (Y) how do these hubs compare engagement-wise to a chris king? anyone know? and is it just me or do these hubs look alot like the hope bulb?! :blink::S:ermm:

And why is one hub longer and thinner than the other hubs?! :S

Edited by Tom Tom The Pipers Son

From what I understand: the long thin one is the trials specific one as it only has room on the freehub body for 6 gears and builds into a dishless wheel. Engagements on a king are 72, on the Pro 2 they are 24, but on the Pro 2 trials they are 48 (using four sets of pawls with two engaging at the same time).

Rich