Cyclists Killed In North Wales

Josephine

f**king aweful, just a group of gentlemen going out on a ride and some willy comes flying at them in the opposite direction. Serious respect to the family.

How can you call him a willy, if he skidded on ice then its not his fault, just really bad luck.

You try driving on ice and not drift onto otherside of road

f**king aweful, just a group of gentlemen going out on a ride and some willy comes flying at them in the opposite direction. Serious respect to the family.
And I suppose if you hit a patch of ice while driving along and LOST CONTROL you could suddenly be able to gain control so that you can avoid hitting a group of other road users?

Completely un-called for. You don't know the details so don't make judgements like that.

My thoughts are with those left behind.

Jon

i've bene in a car that momenterily (sp) lost control on ice, but we managed to regain control, its amazingly hard to keep control on ice.

my condolances to the familys of the victims, and my thoughts out to those who are still alive who had to suffer and be a part of this incident

and as mentioned, mr_pitbull, that was VERY uncalled for, you have no idea how hard ice driving is, and if you read the report the driver WAS NOT speeding

Shocking stuff, thoughts are with the families as well as the other riders and the poor guy that was driving. This is going to be hanging over his head for the rest of his life whether he/she was at fault or not, no need for the twattish comments.

My first impression when I heard that on the news was that some guy had nodded off or was driving too fast or something. But when you read the article, it just seems like a total accident, which is very tragic. If it was an accident, my thoughts go out to the driver as much as anyone else, that sort of thing will really mess you up.

yes, i almost forgot about the driver, it does mess with your mind having 1 persons life hanging over you, but 4 :( thats gota be hard

I know someone who hardly drove, then one day while traveling back to uni had a car accident, his friend who was traveling with him at the time (female, cant remember if there was any relationship between them, or just friends) lost her life, and at that point he cut up his driving licence and hasnt drove since :( something like this can seriously mess up your views on life

Edited by street trials rider

I saw the story on bbc news and it really made me feel so unsafe about even going on the roads on a bike, I mean cycling on a road in a national speed limit, just having cars pass you less than 2 metres away is un-nerving, and it really shows how dangerous being on the road with other cars can be. I feel terrible for the riders and their family, and equally bad for the driver.

Ian

What happens to the driver, he wasnt speeding ordrivng dangerously so does he get away with it.

good question

yes imo he should. he didn't break any laws so really doesn't have anything to get away with. It was merely a tragic accident. I doubt he will be driving for a while anyway.

my thought go out to all involved in this :(

drove past the scene yesterday,

not good at all....

driver must have been going to fast or soemthing as well as ice! there wasnt even bad ice there and there is no vegetation so you could see the cyclists from miles away,

rediculous the driver clearly was not driving safely in the conditions.

thoughts go out to family :(

drove past the scene yesterday,

not good at all....

driver must have been going to fast or soemthing as well as ice! there wasnt even bad ice there and there is no vegetation so you could see the cyclists from miles away,

rediculous the driver clearly was not driving safely in the conditions.

thoughts go out to family :(

There may have been ice on the road at the time of the accident.

The cyclists may have been taing up too mcuh of the road.

Something could have run out infront of the car.

He coulsd have hit something.

Think think think

Edited by Michael Hardman