Warrenty Void?

smelly joe

I have recently put a crack in my t-pro around the headtube area.

After realizing that i did not have enough money to buy a new frame i have had my t-pro welded to hold it together. However i am now concerended about my warranty as i have only had the frame for not much longer than 6 months.

will that fact that i have had my frame welded affect the warranty on my t-pro?

I sent a e-mail to super cycles about my frame a while ago but have had no response.

Any help is appreiceated (Y)

Yea, joe i would say the warranty has been voided by welding it, Onza can easily say that the weld has weakened it, and to be honest, thats not the neatest weld job i've ever seen :P

I heard that.

I reckon you should have just gone for crash replacement, Welding it is just pro-longing the inevitable.

You would probably be better off thrashing your frame then when it cracks again send it back to supercycles with a note explaining what happened, where the crack is, your address and telephone number and exactly what is wrong with it and you should be ok to get a half price crash replacement for £85 :) .

If it cracked around the headtube, you should have got in touch with supercycles stright away. If it's within a year, they could have put it down to a manufactoring defect and you could have gotten a free one.

Now that you have welded it, you may have reduced your chances of getting a free one. But the 2 year half price replacement warrenty will still stand. I'm very sure that welding it won't void that.

I have recently put a crack in my t-pro around the headtube area.

After realizing that i did not have enough money to buy a new frame i have had my t-pro welded to hold it together. However i am now concerended about my warranty as i have only had the frame for not much longer than 6 months.

will that fact that i have had my frame welded affect the warranty on my t-pro?

I sent a e-mail to super cycles about my frame a while ago but have had no response.

Any help is appreiceated (Y)

yes it will onza are very strict with warrenty. my onza cracked and i had a competition coming up and i wanted to weld it , the only reason why i didnt is because if i did weld it i would not of been able to claim off the warenty.

yes it will onza are very strict with warrenty.

They sooo arn't.

When my tensile snapped they did me a free (not half price) replacement even though they were over a year old and i didn't have the recipt.

Everyones saying, "yeah f**king f**king yeah voidededed as f**k" but i think people should wait to hear it from the horses mouth.