Cartoony Images

skandy32

think i saw this of a DVD cover somewhere... but i had this idea come up in my head in a moment of boredom, but with the problem of "how the hell do you actually make it look like that in photoshop!??" Well, i worked it out (my secret - pretty simple though :P ) and here are some results....

IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

comments please... :rolleyes:

Andy

think i saw this of a DVD cover somewhere... but i had this idea come up in my head in a moment of boredom, but with the problem of "how the hell do you actually make it look like that in photoshop!??" Well, i worked it out (my secret - pretty simple though :P ) and here are some results....

IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

comments please... :rolleyes:

Andy

OOOOO, i did sumthing like that a while ago :P

well compare...one sec, ill post em up :P

cool!! you obviously took a bit more time than me.... e.g. getting the lines straight lol

yeah i spose... you could send them me, but its gotta be a good pic in the first place, a photo with a tiny weeny rider will look crap for example. And theres no garenteee i will do it :P only if i have time :)

cheers guys (Y)

Nice one!

I've just done something similair for a vid i'm making but mine was much more rough (i half wanted it to look like that :P ) so it wasn't as hard.

I've also animated it so it looks like the pictures being drawn on the spot. There awesome though the one with half cartoon and half photo rules!

Max

please don't say you trace the edges manually... must take ages.

I knocked this up in 30secs...

IPB Image

Tracing it will probably be better, but this is a far quicker option.

Seb

Edited by SebJT

cool - cheers for the response guys! surprised so many people like it!

Yeah those pictures were done with the "trace" method people have described, but since then i have found other ways of doing it. So they do take ages!!

At the mo, im working on another one, but in some serious detail, to get it perfect, should be posting it up once im done, its looking proper good at the mo!

andy :rolleyes:

I do a similar thing with photos to make stencils with. Take an image, desaturate it to turn it b+w then play with brightness and contrast until its entriely 2 tone. Drop the reolution to stop the black areas "bleeding", then print, then photcopy to the desired size, glue it to some card, and cut it out. Theres a little more to it than that, but it makes painting so much quicker.