Anyone With Pures And A Louise!

Big_J

hey all,

i am currently running echo pure forks on a magura louise.

since i have been running this set-up, i have been having problems with my cones and axel in my front hub, no matter how tight i put my cones, they still felt loose. so i changed the fornt wheel, and even with this new front wheel, it still feels the same, and i am wondering wheather its to do with the brake and fork set-up i have. (currently running an 03 caliper louise dual-pot)

does anybody else have this problem?!

any tips on how to stop this?!

thaks all,

jak

i have some pure forks on my pitbull and an avid disk, and i used to think my front wheel was loose when i was on the back wheel, but if you look at someone when they are hopping on the back wheel with echo forks, they flex a bit to stop them from snapping when you do big moves, so it gives the feeling that something is loose, strange i know but once i seemed to get this fact into my head i stopped feeling it.

everything is all tight and straight on it, and the wheel fits in the forks fine, but its just that when i put the wheel in, its all staright and is inline with the centre of the forks, but when i pull my brake its "lop-sides" to the left, and then when i feel my wheel in the forks it feels as if my cones are loose in my hub, when they arent?!

and ideas?! :ermm:

jak (Y)

Ps. is that a mayor hint to buy your forks biguss?! ^_^

No............. :shifty:

but, what it could be is that the skewer is not holding the wheel in the forks tight enough, i had this problem with my avid and Urban forks i had a while back, when i applied the front brake it would move the whole wheel in the dropouts, what i ended up doing was tapping the axle and bolting the wheel into the dropouts, i have had no trouble with this since then :)

Adam

PS: buy my forks, much nicer than pures (Y)

No............. :shifty:

but, what it could be is that the skewer is not holding the wheel in the forks tight enough, i had this problem with my avid and Urban forks i had a while back, when i applied the front brake it would move the whole wheel in the dropouts, what i ended up doing was tapping the axle and bolting the wheel into the dropouts, i have had no trouble with this since then :)

Adam

PS: buy my forks, much nicer than pures (Y)

ahh good thinking biguss, will try that! (Y)

thanks for all the replies!

jak