Ema Bonus

hulltrialser

My year were technically able to claim the EMA, but our school didn't do it for some reason, or our LEA f**ked about.

Anyway, I don't get why they've done it. Thousands and thousands of people have done college courses/sixth form before the EMA was introduced, so where's the need for it? It's just pointless.

Maybe I'm just bitter :rolleyes:

I think I'd probably prefer it if they saved the £££'s they're giving to people doing free education and put it into people doing degrees so there aren't top-up fees. Seeing as a lot of people now seem to be just using it as a way of getting paid whilst not having to do a job, why not reward people actively trying to improve their qualifications and shit? Makes no sense. Your outgoings during sixth form are (generally) way, way, way smaller than at uni, so why give money to people who don't need it as much? It's like giving the dole to well-off middle class people :S

£30 a week that i dont need to do anything for

im not complaining

same i got it, didnt need it, but it was always nice to have

shite system though, it always seems to go to the wrong people, like myself to be honest, but as it was there, i dont see why i shouldnt take advantage of it? much like if a beautiful woman was laying next to you in your bed, naked-it would be rude not to.... :)

Seriously, who the f**k is going to spend £30 a week on learning supplies anyway!?!? I work twice the hours my gf does but when she gets EMA next year (parents just "officially" split) at full whack she'll be getting a shitload more than I EARN :huh:

WHAT.THE.F*CK.

Yes it's jealousy, of course it f**king is, people are getting money for doing pretty much what they'd do anyway! It's stupid and the government should shove this back up their arse where it has obviously come from.

The courses (Health and Safety) will benefit the government but still cost a bomb, and yet the government

will still give free courses for pointless (in my opinion) courses such as 'Art'...is a f**ked up system.

I'm an ex art student and I agree wholeheartedly.

In my day we had to steal our own equipment from the store cupboard (or more often from the plumbing course store cupboard) or pay for it with a £75 grant from the government(ok - that was at uni but still..)

Paying idiots to go to school isn't going to stop them being idiots - it's just going to provide them with £30 a week to buy some dope and bunk off with. If I'd been given that while I was at school its exactly what I would have done.

We ought to be sending the buggers down the mines that's what I reckon

Seriously, who the f**k is going to spend £30 a week on learning supplies anyway!?!? I work twice the hours my gf does but when she gets EMA next year (parents just "officially" split) at full whack she'll be getting a shitload more than I EARN :huh:

WHAT.THE.F*CK.

Yes it's jealousy, of course it f**king is, people are getting money for doing pretty much what they'd do anyway! It's stupid and the government should shove this back up their arse where it has obviously come from.

Have you ever thought about the real cases?

Take for example, me. My parents are divorced, i live with my mum. We used to get child benifits and a few other benifits, because frankly, my mum doesn't earn near enough to support us, that stopped when i turned 18. That mean't my mum was 120~ a month less off, taking note we had trouble keeping afloat as it was. Then they find it funny to dock more benifits. You know, some weeks, my mum can't even afford to go shopping, and the only stuff thats bought is milk and bread.

30 pound a week is a f**king god send, and i'm not even entitled to it because i work. What they don't take into account however is that half of it goes to help my mum out each month. Thats 100 quid extra my mum gets a month, and we still in trouble.

The EMA is there for a reason, sometimes people abuse it, and i don't blame them, but every known and then, real people in real situations need that money.

So surely they'd be better off stopping the EMA and funding people who actually are worse off, Si? If they stop giving money out to a lot of people who don't really need it, there'll be more available to go to people who really do?

That's exactly what I'm gettin at Mark. 80% of the people on EMA don't "need" it at all, I haven't got a problem at all with people like you (Simon) getting it especially as you're putting it to proper use not getting an mp3 player like my mate just has. :angry: Ironically it may be the case that you lost some of your benefits because of the all the f**ktards now taking EMA.......

Ema bought me a profile, now your jelous eh?

[attachmentid=2592]

Hahaha.. nothing like a nice bit of comic relief :)

But yeah, EMA. Stupid. Give the money to me, im poorer than you, and have to buy my own food :P Actually thats a bit of a lie, not doing too bad in uni after my year out, but theres people here who literally have nothing, have to earn and pay for absolutly everything themselves, tuition fees, accomodation, food, bills... everything, while still trying to complete a degree - they're the people who should be getting money as they are putting the effort in and they do actually need it.

So surely they'd be better off stopping the EMA and funding people who actually are worse off, Si? If they stop giving money out to a lot of people who don't really need it, there'll be more available to go to people who really do?

Nah, they just need to get a clue and give it to the people that need it, not the people that want it. For example, i have no interest in this course, and i'm seconds away from dropping out, hence i'm really not bothering about pushing for EMA, as i don't deserve it, especially if i drop out soon.

Meh.

Have you ever thought about the real cases?

Take for example, me. My parents are divorced, i live with my mum. We used to get child benifits and a few other benifits, because frankly, my mum doesn't earn near enough to support us, that stopped when i turned 18. That mean't my mum was 120~ a month less off, taking note we had trouble keeping afloat as it was. Then they find it funny to dock more benifits. You know, some weeks, my mum can't even afford to go shopping, and the only stuff thats bought is milk and bread.

30 pound a week is a f**king god send, and i'm not even entitled to it because i work. What they don't take into account however is that half of it goes to help my mum out each month. Thats 100 quid extra my mum gets a month, and we still in trouble.

The EMA is there for a reason, sometimes people abuse it, and i don't blame them, but every known and then, real people in real situations need that money.

Get rid of your internet. must be about £20 a month extra there... you also had hosting for trials shack.. i bet that wasnt free either. Sell your bike.. thats another 400 or more.

Not having a go but its easy to say we dont have enough money etc.. but clearly you do else you wouldnt be here now telling the story.

In general most people become quite ignorant when it comes to debt, they dont see the fine line between wants and needs. Hence why they get screwed over with loans etc. If people were truley poverty strickened then why dont they go back to basics and work up.. instead of allowing themselves to have the "we just get by" attitude. In the long run think about it.. you wont have to spend that long without all your "wants" and it would feel a whole lot better when you look at the bank balance to see money coming in for once. Sorry if ive totally got this the wrong way.

Point taken, but it shouldn't have to come to my mum having to cancel a £17.99 outgoing just stay afloat. It's not debt either, it's just general living, rent, shopping, her car fuel and so on.

I did have a whole lot more written out, by i can't be bothered going into my in's and out's and explaining it all.

EMA does help, some times. eod. :P