Computer Tower

emery

Hi all, I am saving for a new computer tower and wandering what stuff i would need for it I am willing to spend £400 on itg and would like good game graphics and good sound also what other stuff would myou suggest like hard drive etc.

Oh Emery you gay little f**king twat of a toss pot, your talking to now 2 very f**king good pc moders and tec guys. Show some f**king respect or don't bother asking what so ever.

Tower, you mean a base unit with all the gubbing in there not just a tower ie tower case as thats what tower means.

You'd get a dam good spec for £400, you'd need to do all in bits to get a decent spec.

Amd is a must for gaming how ever i hate them i'm an intel man

Abit, DFI are two good mobo's to have

500w and above psu is a must

PCI-e for you gfx card again for a gamer must

Least 1GB of memory PC4000+ if not 2 is what real gamers go for.

Get on some pc forums dude but you'd better be more respect full there cos they will just point laugh and ban your ip there and then dude.

You can get even better spec buying 2nd hand.

One thing you may have already or will defo need is Windows XP, and a product key, new looking at £80/90

Pete

You'll need a processor (cpu)

Some Memory (RAM)

A Motherboard

A graphics card (gfx)

A Hard Drive (H.D.D)

A CD / DVD reader / writer

A case

And A power supply (PSU)

oh and also you need to calm down have have respect of others, (they have the same right to be here as you)

All that stuff is available from E-Buyer or from Here

Mike!!!

I brought the stuff for my new computer here. They do some pretty cool cases, if your going for style.

I've fired mine up with a see through panel on my case, replaced the belt wires, and chucked in a few neons.

(New motherboard, HD, graphics card, PSU and DVD writer also)

Jason (Y)

well dell under-tune their computers, so that they are a lot more reliable. by this i mean a computer has it's limits before it will start over heating, or failing in any way, so dell find this point, and then make sure the computer never reaches this point, this ensured that they will have very few complaints but it also means a lack in performance. and Dell pc's never have been any good for gaming, for 400 pounds you could get a fairly good computer if you get the parts seperatley. i suggest you go with AMD processors as they are a lot easier to change and upgrade. also i'd go for an ATI graphics card, but the N-videa ones are just as good but i prefere the Radions.

If you don't have a clue how to put the components together, i'd get This pc (base unit)

and with the spare money get This (extra R.A.M)

And if you have any problem fitting the RAM i'll show you, i'll take pictures of mine for you.

And when you have 70 spare I'd get This

i'll show you how to fit that too if you like.

Mike!!!

well dell under-tune their computers, so that they are a lot more reliable. by this i mean a computer has it's limits before it will start over heating, or failing in any way, so dell find this point, and then make sure the computer never reaches this point, this ensured that they will have very few complaints but it also means a lack in performance. and Dell pc's never have been any good for gaming

I didn't even know you could under-tune?! :blink: You sure about that?

I guess I can help you. :turned:

Motherboard: Abit AV8 3RD Eye VIA K8T800 Pro (Socket 939) Motherboard

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939) - Retail

RAM: GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS2.5

HDD : Samsung SpinPoint P SP2504C 250GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM

GFX Card: Leadtek WinFast GeForce 6600 GT 128MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Sound Card - Retail

Total: £484.69 Over budget but that's a shit hot PC. Maybe think about upgrading the GFX card to a 6800LE and adding another HDD.

thanks you lot sorry siders and is that what you said the whole unit like would i just need a case then i can run or do i need other stuff because if so i would go with that because I want good gaming and be able to listen to music while on the internet and so on. does that include the internet because it cost £100 my friend said. :D

Hey if you are looking for a reliable computer then u should save your money and get a imac.

viruses = no ( not liek on a windows any ways)

crashing = no

better video editing = yes

better graphics = yes

space saving = yes ( why have a base unit when all you need is a screen )

windows = (N)

mac = (Y)

but if you are looking for somthing easy to use no need to learn a new operating system then stay with windows you will find it cheaper and easier to get programes. thats if u r fine with virsues and crashing computers and annoying people on the end of the phone if you ring with a problem.

Have you ever used a PC for more than an hour? I admit I've only used a Mac for a few minutes but f**k about.

thats if u r fine with virsues and crashing computers and annoying people on the end of the phone if you ring with a problem.

You don't half talk some shit. I've used PC's for years and I've only had one problem with my Pc and that was my first proper build and it was the RAM that was faulty. I've NEVER had a problem with virii(Is that right?!) :ermm: Just get a good Anti-Virus and you're fine. Yeah, it is more software but it's hardly any!

When I had to speak to Microsoft they were very helpful, they weren't annoying or anything. They helped me and I was off the phone within 5 minutes because they knew exactly what I needed to do.

PC's are not shit!

Edited by Siders77

I didn't even know you could under-tune?! :blink: You sure about that?

I guess I can help you. :turned:

Motherboard: Abit AV8 3RD Eye VIA K8T800 Pro (Socket 939) Motherboard

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939) - Retail

RAM: GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS2.5

HDD : Samsung SpinPoint P SP2504C 250GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM

GFX Card: Leadtek WinFast GeForce 6600 GT 128MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Sound Card - Retail

Total: £484.69 Over budget but that's a shit hot PC. Maybe think about upgrading the GFX card to a 6800LE and adding another HDD.

Well i'ts not under-tuning, but it's limitting the activity of the CPU, this can be done easily, i know it sounds stupid, but in the long run they don't get many faulty computers on the doorstep. And yes i'm sure.

Mike!!!

Edit: back to the pc, go for sidder's pc, but if you can't afford the extra, i'd leave out the sound card, you can just use the one on the mobo

Edited by mike