Disc Or Magura

ARSE!

Hi I am running a hope trials disc on the front, but i have come to a problem; when I sidehop and do certain other moves I seem to be afraid of landing on it as I have bent it too many times, so its stopping me going bigger and costing me more money. (N)

So I was wondering what you think front maguras are like as i haven't run one for yoinks! and is it worth changing.

Cheers Charlie. (Y)B)

disk for sure....

....dont worry about landing on it, its all in the mind! Think you will land on it and theres more chance you will.....think about not hitting it and making the move, you will be suprised how much difference it makes.

Anyway, even if you do hit a disk, they are harder to break than you would think....sure you may bend the roter a touch and it might rub, but its not like we are riding big distances where it would be a problem.......I havnt had a free running disk since....well...forever!

Disc deffinatly (Y) Like Ali C said it's all in the mind...if you think your going to land on it you will so don't think that. :)

Magura's are also good on the front if you have a good setup. A good bleed, a nice grind, and some plazzy's or zoo! pads...works mint (Y)

Josh

If you do land on the disc and do bend it all you need to do is get an adjustable spanner, wack it on the rotor and bend it back. And you dont need to take the rotor or caliper off, in fact its better to keep them on when straightening them. 5 minute job. :)

So i would keep with the disc, like the others are saying, its not likely you are going to bend it but if you do its easy to sort out. Disc is more powerful looks better better modulation and its a hope, there for if you do have a major prolem ever, you ring hope and they sort you out straight away due to their amazing customer service! (Y)

The feel and contoll your get from a disc is so much better than a maggie.

I'v never even thought about hitting my disc. Probably becuase i can't sidehop for shit, but still.

Hi I am running a hope trials disc on the front, but i have come to a problem; when I sidehop and do certain other moves I seem to be afraid of landing on it as I have bent it too many times, so its stopping me going bigger and costing me more money. (N)

So I was wondering what you think front maguras are like as i haven't run one for yoinks! and is it worth changing.

Cheers Charlie. (Y)B)

hello mate,

keep the disc brake they are good disc brakes,if you really want to stop hitting it, just say to your self, you are paranoid and you can do this.its all in the mind i am telling you,stop worrying and get comfident by doing a small sidehop. i have a hs33 for the front i am deffinantley going to purchase a front disc, and i sidehop tot he left aswell.

p.s. if you have a spare hs33 you could use that to grow your comfidence then swithch back to disc. (Y)