Anyone Help?

pinky

Right ive tryed pretty much everything, My pc restarts randomly while doing things it maybe overheating as its usally when doing intensive jobs but ive got loads of fans and everything seems to be cool, Also I unticked the restart when a error occurs. When I boot into ubuntu (linux) I can leave it for ages and it wont restart whats going on :(

pinky

Ubuntu when idling will run much cooler than XP, so it's more likely to overheat when in windows. Can you stress it in Ubuntu, do some Prime95 or video encoding or something (for a few hours)? Then you'll know if it's a heat thing. Sounds like might be (from what you've told me). Try reseating the CPU?

When it restarts, go into the BIOS to see what temperature it's running at. There should be an option there (PC health or something).

To check about this heat problem why not take the sides off and get a fan blowing through? If it restarts then its a diffrent thing; ime sure that would take away most the hot air away or is that a silly idear?

Do you have it in an enclosed space or next to a radiator?

Sam

Just download Motherboard Monitor or something. Saves pissing around taking the sides off and stuff. (Y)

He's already tried Speedfan which says his CPU's at 112ºC, but that can't be right. Blowing a fan into the case won't do anything if the heatsink isn't seated properly. Check that? But the BIOS should be able to give you a reliable CPU temperature (Y)

Right just checked my temsp in BIOS

CPU 39.5 celsius

MB 25 celsius

I think there pretty much acceptable :mellow:

format is on the way I think even though ive lost my damn serial number for xp pro :(

Is that after it's been running for a while?

Pffft, 39º isn't high. Mine is at 50. No need to worry until it's hotter than about 65-70º. Admittedly 50 is hotter than I would like, but I can't be arsed to sort it out. Certainly 39 is nothing to worry about - There's no way it could be causing this problem...