Bolt Snap.

stiffnips

I did exactly the same thing mate. If it is the bolt on the back, take off your back wheel, get a small drill bit (so it fits into the snapped off bolt) and very slowely, drilling from the side the head should be, drill as if to tighten up the bolt and it will fall out the frame with no damage to your threads. Then run along to B&Q and buy another one.

Pop down to halfords, buy a screw extracor set. £7.99.

All you need to do is drill into the bolt, exactly in the centre and then thead the extractor piece into the bolt and because its left hand thread it will bring the bot out.

Then if you ever do it again, you always have an extractor set. :)

If your a workshop genius :D do what I used to do on cars. If the bolt isn't sticking proud of the body, Drill and Tap a reverse thread into the sheared bolt. Then thread another bolt into the new hole. As you tighten up the new bolt it will spin the old bolt out..... but be gentle.

If your a workshop genius :D do what I used to do on cars. If the bolt isn't sticking proud of the body, Drill and Tap a reverse thread into the sheared bolt. Then thread another bolt into the new hole. As you tighten up the new bolt it will spin the old bolt out..... but be gentle.

Thats what the easy out screw extractor basicly does!! Its the best methord for me (Y)

Yeah it works in theory, but i tried that on a car, but then realised there was no room as it was one of the three bolts which hold the water pump in it's shell, so in the end I had to completley remove the alternator, and then get some grippers in to what was sticking out of the bolt. the best method is cutting a slot in it and using a flat headed screwdriver.

Mike!!!

Edited by mike