Disc Tabs For Non-disc Frames [please Close]

Greetings

IPB Image

I'd love to mount a rear disc on my mod frame, and this is the first time I've seen something that would help me do this. The question is, does a thing like that last? I'd say it would fall off in no time, but this chap has it on his bike (now selling) so it can't be that bad.

How do you think, would it last?

Edited by Inur

Hehe my bike and my homemade disk adaptor.

Im not sure if i am selling it now, but what ever i do have i will deffo run the disk adapter, i did it for a little mess about, i feel confident that it will not break, after all it is 3mm steel which is held on by a 8mm axel. The only thing i could see might happen is the four bolt thread riping out, but i think it will be fine.

In fact i trust the bracket more than the avid disk, as i have seen them snap across the bolt mounts (The caliper is cast). The brake works really really well, but i would like to try a more solid disk on the back like a hope mono trial or something as the avid caliper does flex on the braket. The Hope caliper is not cast like the avid i think it is machined which would help reduce the flkex and be much stronger overall i think.

:)

Edited by wally