What Is The Worst Thing Your Bike Has Ever Done To You?

LukeDraisey! :)

You cant prevent it from skipping totally. But as long as you use a good quality hub/freewheel and have it serviced often, then it should reduce the chances of it happening.

A lot of hubs skip during the bedding in process, hence the reason that people recomend doing a few miles of normal riding to prevent damage to the hub and lesson the chances of injury if it does skip. (Y)

you could completely stop it by welding it up, but then you wouldn't be able to pedal kick, and you wouldn't be able to get your feet in the right position as easy, also you couldn't stop pedaling unless you were stopped, it would be funny :lol: you wouldn't need a read brake, as you just lock your knees :lol::lol:

Mike!!!

But realistically the only thing youcan really do is get a decent quality, well known freewheel / hub, and keep it in good condition.

Whilst attempting to fix a busted mech and hanger I was putting the chain back on when suddenly something in the mech mounting jumped back into place, causing the drivtrain to suddenly regain tension, trapping two of my fingers between the chain and the cog. The tension on the chain was so high the only way to get my fingers out was to cycle the whole drive train forward, mangling my fingers even more. That bloody hurt....

I also once went for a 7 foot rolling gap on my old Echo ES2. Chainsuck occoured as I pedaled off the edge (where the chain gets jammed into the soft aluminium around the chainstay yoke, effectively locking the rearwheels forward motion solid. Phil Williams will know EXACTLY what I mean). This threw me over the bars and intergrated my face with the curb i had been aiming for. f**king Echo's....

Rich

Edited by karsonlevoret

missed the pedals after a 5-6 ft high no footer on my bmx years ago. oddly enough, i'm still a little shy of taking my feet off.

oh, and i stabbed myself in the heel with my superlength (3/4 inch) pedal pins on sunday. My shoe's red inside now :(

erm. tried the boat gap in birmingham thats in select brum that sam wheeler does. brake slipped and i broke 2 ribs. Tried tapping a wall and hit it to low and dislocated knee. hub skipped and mangled all my fingers and ripped my thumbnail off. there my worst i would say.

you could completely stop it by welding it up, but then you wouldn't be able to pedal kick, and you wouldn't be able to get your feet in the right position as easy, also you couldn't stop pedaling unless you were stopped, it would be funny :lol: you wouldn't need a read brake, as you just lock your knees :lol::lol:

Mike!!!

But realistically the only thing youcan really do is get a decent quality, well known freewheel / hub, and keep it in good condition.

my bike rear hub (a cheap one) done that on me today so if i stopped pedaling the chain all got caught up :(

My bike decided to fall over landing a 23 foot doubble ginning 30 at a race once.

It also decited to try a front flip off a little kicker aswell.

When i was using quick reliese forks, the front wheel got bored and decided to go on a trip on its own on aston hills black run.

On my old bike the swing arm and front triangle must have had an arguement or something and decided to split up whilst lading a jump, the shock didnt know who to go with so it decided to go with both and split in half.

All restulting in amusing crashes, slightly painful ones too.

Also i once my mates bike didnt take a liking to me, and whilst i was wheelieng it, it decided to fall over aswell and also smash my finger :(

But apart from the usuall brakes failing ever now and again and things like that, all in all my bikes have been kind to me. :D

the worst thing is that my new python that is only 3 weeks old, the f**king brand new echo 12 tooth cog has somehow lost 2 teeth of it, god knows how as it is a single speed setup and has no gears etc, maybe a manufactoring defect.

Got it stolen off the boot of a bus I was on.

Week later I find it on eBay.

Tell the Police.

Then email the seller saying I'm interested in buying it, and got his address, mobile number, and first name by telling him I live locally and I want to go and take a look at it.

Rang the police this morning and she said she's going to go and arrest the guy.

Quite a story I've got there.

Deffo getting it Insured as soon as I get it!

And never usuing busses again :P:closedeyes:

Iv not been riding long but my friend who i was in town with on saturday had a big cutt on his ball sack :o

(you no who u are)

wez :D

I cut my balls once my god its the worst most anoying pain ever you cant do anything at all if you walk, sit, rin, ride, lay ect it hurts!

i had a xt hub and the cones were propa loose, i went to do a drop(about 5ft) onto concrete and the wheel locked against one the pads and the frame, which resulted in a fat old nose dive which smashed my face up a bit and worste thing of all in was it was in mid summer down the beach, so there were plenty of people to laugh at me...and i snapped my stem before landing a little drop.(crap stem)

Edited by aim@me

Hi there, i was once spinning my wheel to check if my brakes were rubbing and ihad my fingers on the chain, at this piont i wasnt aware that i had them on the chain so i spun the wheel farley quickley and the chain took my finger straight on to my freewheel, ouch it killed i had to pull my finger off the tooth on the freewheel :sick: i ran home and cleaned it up :D now i am left with i nice spasticated finger nail (Y)