Echo 2006

SCOTTY___

Righteooo boys and girls..

I ride a Mod and im thinking of perchasing a pair of 2006 Echo Rims.

Now are they stong? Cos ive seen some pictures of flattened ones, but there all 26"...

So are the Mod rims stronger? Also the Anodising on the side... How long does it last before it wears off? And how do pads preform on the coating?

I have ZOO! Green pads so i wont be using a grind as of yet. But im thinking of perchacing some Koxx Yellows OR Coust pads with the Alloy backing in the near future... So how do they grind up?

Also will it fit in an Echo Team frame with Try-all "Sticky" Tyers on?

Also what they like for dents and punchture reistance?

Thanks a bundel...

Craig... ^_^

Edited by Echo_Scotty

As far as i no the rims are solid

james porter broke one cos he had a front on the back and shit faced wheel build

yes a mod rim will be stronger as its only 19"

they grind like beastys cos the metal is pretty darn hard and they seem to hold grinds pretty well

its desinged for that bike so i shud think so

As far as i no the rims are solid

james porter broke one cos he had a front on the back and shit faced wheel build

yes a mod rim will be stronger as its only 19"

they grind like beastys cos the metal is pretty darn hard and they seem to hold grinds pretty well

its desinged for that bike so i shud think so

Have u had experiance with the rims them selfs?

Also Thanks alot pal..

Craig...

Friends have them......

Echo rims.

That was good thank you... But it was on about front rims for 26" bikes...

I need personal infomation on how they are for Mod bikes and what the coating is like.... And how they brefor in the break department... and this wasnt in the section of the search you posted....

Thanks anyway...

Anymore replys?

Craig...

if the 26" is strong, the 19" is gonna be b*****d strong because of the smaller wheel!

i doubt many people will run them without either a grind or disc, so peeps won't know much about how the anodising lasts, but all anodising will wear of eventually but it should last a fair while, most does. You could just get a silver one though...

Edited by leedstrials

I have the new echo rims and so far i haven't dented them buckled them and i haven't got any flat patches on them and i have landed pretty heavy on some things and rimed it quite bad and as where if i did that on my old try-all rim it would of dented them. The paint on the walls can slip so i just gave it a nice harsh grind because im running the echo pads aswell and all seems to be good. They are pretty awsome rims. hope this helps.

Grant.

Cheers for the replys people!

I have the new echo rims and so far i haven't dented them buckled them and i haven't got any flat patches on them and i have landed pretty heavy on some things and rimed it quite bad and as where if i did that on my old try-all rim it would of dented them. The paint on the walls can slip so i just gave it a nice harsh grind because im running the echo pads aswell and all seems to be good. They are pretty awsome rims. hope this helps.

Grant.

How long does the gring last for then?

Do they grind up easy?

Also how long did the coating last? Eg.. Days/Weeks/Months??

Thanks a bunch (Y)

Craig....

The echo cnc rims last Neil T, six monthes, each rear rim :)

The 06 echo's he egged in a week or so :-

cheers andy

Right Neil rides 26" and i ride 20" i think theres a difference dont you ^_^

Anyway Cheers for the reply all coments are welcome ^_^

Craig...

i have one of the 26inch o6 echo rims and it is awesome

holds grinds amazingly

very very strong

just completely solid and worth the buy (Y)

Tom

edit: i never ran the rim with the anodised sides so i dont know how they work with them, as i got the tart to grind the rim when he built my wheel.

yes they are very wide - 48mm! you just have to set your brake up around the wheel and get it as good as possible.

Edited by T-Limburn

hey granty do you run maggys by anychance? Just someone said I might have to file down my brake pad a bit as the rims are pretty wide? :S Just wondered tis all

yea i do run maggies i didnt have to grind down my pads but yeah the rims are really wide.

Cheers for the replys people!

How long does the gring last for then?

Do they grind up easy?

Also how long did the coating last? Eg.. Days/Weeks/Months??

Thanks a bunch (Y)

Craig....

i had the rims for about 1 week and none of the coating come of so i gave it a grind and it is still good but i have only had the rim for 3 weeks and the grind for 1 and a bit hope this helped (Y)