New Web Site Launch, Pictures As Well

AndyT

Works in firefox now, sites all ready...flash and high resolution required (well...strongly recommended, as well as a decent computer (Y) )

Check out the pics too, horsetoooth pics on the main page of the flash site; let me know what you think...as for availability of clothing in the UK- tarty bikes will probably be carrying a full array of outfits in a few months once the balls really start rolling.

cheers for any comments, hope you enjoy the pictures (Y)

Hi Andy,

Was gonna put more on OTN, but it was like 3am so I was barely able to form coherent sentences as it was, let alone be descriptive ;)

The website looks amazing. Really, really like it. Just looks so clean, and pretty 'pro' too. The T-shirt design looks pretty nice, not mad-keen on the hoodie, but can't win 'em all :)

Anyway, it's all super good. Looks like it could work out pretty well. The only thing I wasn't so keen on on the site was just that the text on the Horsetooth gallery kinda let it down. The Times New Roman (I think?) doesn't really fit in with the rest of the sans serif stuff on the site, so it just sorta looks disjointed almost?

Ah well, can't fault the rest of it :)

No doubt there'll be some kinda stuff for advertising or something probably, but I don't know what the rules are about that fully, so we'll see...

Mark

Hi Andy,

Was gonna put more on OTN, but it was like 3am so I was barely able to form coherent sentences as it was, let alone be descriptive ;)

The website looks amazing. Really, really like it. Just looks so clean, and pretty 'pro' too. The T-shirt design looks pretty nice, not mad-keen on the hoodie, but can't win 'em all :)

Anyway, it's all super good. Looks like it could work out pretty well. The only thing I wasn't so keen on on the site was just that the text on the Horsetooth gallery kinda let it down. The Times New Roman (I think?) doesn't really fit in with the rest of the sans serif stuff on the site, so it just sorta looks disjointed almost?

Ah well, can't fault the rest of it :)

No doubt there'll be some kinda stuff for advertising or something probably, but I don't know what the rules are about that fully, so we'll see...

Mark

Thanks mark..the gallery might be reworked, wouldn't take very long. I just did simple html so people could save the pics if they wanted to, didn't work too hard on it obviously! In terms of advertising- are you talking about on this forum? I know i've seen lots of clothing sites showing their sites off, didn't think this would be any different....if its a problem let me know.

The site looks nice but I don't really see any need for it to require >1024 resolution. I'm running 1024 on my laptop and the bottom row of links is cut off. Obviously you can scroll down, but it's not obvious. There is just empty space that isn't being used, so everything could move up anyway. You're only shooting yourself in the foot if people with 1024 (Has to be the world's most popular resolution?) can't read the site properly.

Pictures are awesome though. You're so lucky to have that kind of weather and scenery. Fantastic (Y)

Hmmmmmm. With how long it was taking to make, i was expecting a flash site that actually used all the functions that flash is capable of. It's a nice site, don't get me wrong, except for the size of it. 1024x768 is standard, design a site in anything above that and you are creating viewing difficultys for a good 60/70% of your visitors.

However, you've used flash, and if i wasn't told i needed a flash player, i wouldn't of known. You could of easily done the exact same site in normal HTML, and not had the loading bar, and have the site a lot less in size over all, no doubt using less bandwidth then you would using flash.

Hmmmmmm. With how long it was taking to make, i was expecting a flash site that actually used all the functions that flash is capable of. It's a nice site, don't get me wrong, except for the size of it. 1024x768 is standard, design a site in anything above that and you are creating viewing difficultys for a good 60/70% of your visitors.

However, you've used flash, and if i wasn't told i needed a flash player, i wouldn't of known. You could of easily done the exact same site in normal HTML, and not had the loading bar, and have the site a lot less in size over all, no doubt using less bandwidth then you would using flash.

I agree with everything! The only reason I used flash is because i'd never used it before and wanted to learn it! This was just a fun project for me to learn a new skill (Y) Future sites will never be flash only...the resolution was a bit of a fop on my part, the first 3 sites I made were for 1024 then this one half way through I realized f#ck me :)

This site was made in 5 days- between designing and programming...not too long IMO. The whole swf is just at 400k, basically the same as loading 2-3 picures so it really does nothing to my bandwidth.

Soz for the low resolution people, on my 17" 1024 looks like an apple IIgs...thanks for the other comments.

Ah ok. The way you was saying it was in development, i thought you had someone doing it for you, not that you was learning flash yourself to do it. On that information, the site is pretty good for someone new to flash, so nice one.

Ah ok. The way you was saying it was in development, i thought you had someone doing it for you, not that you was learning flash yourself to do it. On that information, the site is pretty good for someone new to flash, so nice one.

Thanks...I know there are some ultimate problems with it as is but I got my job done :) The development is more the designs i've been working with (over 50 shirt designs), and business jazz like talking to local shops, making brochures, making a business plan, aquiring the best printer for the money...etc. etc... :) Plus in that time I've made a few other full sites (one which encompassed clothing, film and design in it... so 3 in one!)