Hope Xc

Tom Booth

Alright lads and lasses,

Got a nope xc back hub for crimbob, And within the past 2 days, its started acting up. it started the other night, Went for a gap, on the back wheel, get a 1/4 back turn on the cranks, and the hu didnt freewheel to alow the chain to spin, So it was like i was running ront and back fixed cogs. Got in, Serviced the hub to find 2 pawls had come out of place and where just sitting in the ratchet, not in there little space.

So i put them all back in place, and went for a little ride, all was well.....And then it started again except worse, whever i back pedaled it sorta went back abit then locked up, Got home and serviced it agian, and everything was in place and how it should be. Whats going off :S

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Tom Booth

Right im quitting lol

Put a new qr on, Went on the srteet for a second to try it, and snapped my mech hanger, Cracked me frame earlier aswell i think :angry: GOD TRIALS IS WANK!!!!lol

The new qr didnt seem to do much either...Any other suggestions? will get pictures some time

Hmm , usually very dependable hubs . If you're certain that everything is intact and well seated , then I can only suggest a manufacturing fault . Either way , Hope offer excellent customer service , and will accept most repairs with a fast turnaround , too . I understand they prefer to recieve complete wheels , as opposed to just the hub . Give 'em a call / E-Mail explaining the problem , and see what they say .

Sure is demotivating when so many things go wrong in such a short period of time . Good luck with the hub , let us know how you get on .

yeah they do prefer complete wheels because it gives them some leverage when they go to pop the ratchet out.

Give hope a ring and they will ask you to send it off tom them, mine was fixed and back with me 4 days after it had been sent off to them. And the replaced everything apart from the hubshell... for free!

top service :D

well you should not be complaning, its a hope xc for xc. (Y)

What was the point in that post? Hope xc's/monos are one of the most popular rear hubs in trials.

What about if your profile braoke? Oh its a bmx hub, cant help him

Now get out of my topic thanks, willy (Y)

Do you happen to be using a spacer kit with a cassette sprocket?

Sometimes the sprocket can be to thin, and therefore there is not enough width to the spacer kit on the freehub body. As when you tighten on the lockring, it can tighten up against the axle end and not the spacer kit. This will stop the freehub from being so free, and lock it in place.

• 1 month later...
Also check the bearings, see how there doing. (Y)

LEGEND

Got a second hope hub the other week and it started happening again a few nights ago...Bu now after some talking to paddy, it turns out the freehub body bearing was runnig dry, preventing proper movement.(my own fault as when i got it i wasted the freehub in WD40 :$ )

I serviced the hub as usual..Then just ut some white grease on the lock ring side of this bearing to be sure it didnt escaoe into the ratchet and pawls etc, and its running sweet as a nut now.

Thanks to that man up there, and Paddy

Cheeers

Tom