Front Disc

petit_pablo

Ive read loads of the threads on front discs and every thread is slightly different in the advice given!

Basically, im after a front disc.

Im tempted by the hope mono trial. Whats others opinion?

The cost isn't an issue and it being hydraulic wont cause set-up problems for me.

Is the Hope as good as it gets for trials discs?

I want something that will happily pitch me over the bars whilst still allowing me the control to roll out on the front wheel using the brake!

There is so many topics on discs its unbeleivable.

I know there is and i didnt want to start another thread on them but they usually revolved around best value for money etc.

Ive considered all the options like the avids, maggies but hope still seem to be that bit in front of the others.

The way I see it, you have a choice of Hope Trial, Juicy 7 or BB7. Take your pick depending on how much you want to pay. I don't really see the need to even consider anything else for trials (although I'm sure someone will disagree :D ).

For power, there's not really anything to choose between any of them. The Hope and the Juicy will have better modulation and a nicer feel to them too. I've got a Juicy and it's lovely. If the Hope is much more expensive, you'd be a fool to go for that IMO, but if they are about the same price you'll just have to flip a coin. They feel very similar in use (although I've only used the Trial for a few mins). I don't think the Hope has lever position adjustment (the Avid does), so if that's important, get the Avid :)

I have a hope mono trial 180mm rotor, its a very good brake,

just make sure you set it up good, with the rotor in the middle of the pads sounds easy and is, you get given washers to add to the bolts on the caliper side and it moves it over.

(Y) Jeza

the juicies lever is pretty identical to a magura one and it has a tpa.

how can you... they have a multiajustable, super hi-tech profiled lever, that has probably cost millions to design and even more to explain to people how amazing it is, and how it will improve their social life and wrist problems. and you're just calling it a magura substitute. how rude.

but still, the juicy are very strong. my friend had a juicy 5, 160 rotor on 26" wheel, and it would lock up with no effort.

how can you... they have a multiajustable, super hi-tech profiled lever, that has probably cost millions to design and even more to explain to people how amazing it is, and how it will improve their social life and wrist problems. and you're just calling it a magura substitute. how rude.

but still, the juicy are very strong. my friend had a juicy 5, 160 rotor on 26" wheel, and it would lock up with no effort.

haha :lol: . I have never actually used or seen a juicy so can't comment on it but I hear alot of good things about them.