Chris King Spacers

nb88

I want to get some spacers for my king hub and an 18t cog. Found the single speed kit for £44, but the cog alone is only £23 so thats £20 for some spacers and a lockring. Are there any other brands of spacers out there that are quite thin so i can move the cog to line up the drive?

And, what tool do you need to tighten/loosen the lockring?

Cheers

DMR do one, but it's £30 and you only get a DX cog, not a King Kog. HERE.

I got a set from Forge for £17, but I don't think they're in the business any more unfortunately :(

Basically, you ain't gonna get them much cheaper than £20 I don't think, and they are CK which has gotta be worth some Kudos! Either that or use dirty grey cassette spacers :P

EDIT: 24Seven do one too, and it's only £17 inc sprocket. Looks nice too. It's on HERE.

If it is just the standars ss kit you want, look on wooly hat shop

they do one for a tenner.

however you definitely want the king kog , so the spacers will be too long right . . .

or just try and mix match casette spacers like said above

also leeson does some might be worth a try if you can get him the legth of the base of the cog, i reckon he could do it easy ;) just a matter of finding the right diameter and thickness of tubing then cutting it down to size i suppose . . .

if all else fails edd potts? lol

Cheers for the help guys, im just gonna buy the CK kit i think. At the mo ive got a 19t king cog and using other cogs and stuff as spacers.

What tool do i need to get the lockring off? Theyre usually like nuts arent they?

Cheers.

You will almost certainly need the lockring tool, but you can get away without the chainwhip. I've never used it. Either clamp the cassette in a vice, or take the wheel out and wrap your chain around the cassette and front sprocket. Then use the lockring tool and a big spanner and hold the pedals. It's a bit tricky, but it works (Y)

Damn, just took all the cogs off to find some pretty huge notches on the drive. Think its still use-able? I could move the cog to another place where there are no notches with the King spacer kit, my drivetrain might be slightly out of line though...

ill get some pics in a sec.