King Maintinance / Hub Tool

Greetings

me and my friend have got some king hubs recently. now there are a total of 2 king hubs used in trials in poland. as these will probably last us a lifetime (if taken care of) there is the problem of maintinance - you cant really work on this hub without the chris king hub tool and that's a bit expensive, might i say. is there another way of removing the bearings in a safe way? you guys probably just take your hubs to bicycle shops, but we have no such option.

advice?

is this tool worth the 100 pounds or are there some aftermarket tools that will fit?

you can do the basic services with out the king tool just allen keys. So you can clean and grease it ok. but if anything needs replacing i think you have to use or buy the tools. But ive had mine a couple of years and have only done the basic servicing and its been fine.

you can remove the bearings when the hubs build up as a wheel with out the tool as the hub is under tension, thus means you can knok them out with summit soft(bit of wood)but need need to remove the bearings as they will last 20 years no problems, unless you ride the hub lose.

the only tool you really need would be the drive shell spline fitting,

but thats not needed to service