Hope Pro 2 Trials Hubs

SiTrials

i was talking to may mate who works in summit cycles and he said that they had one in the shop last week, he certinly knows what hes on about, someof the older members may remember him from www.trialsride.co.uk riding a pace with rear disc ;) staring in such videos are martin and the dady pants

some one from Up north has one, i rode it its nice i suppose good idea that its a non dishing wheel so the spokrs and flanges are the same size, im not too sure if his is the final one though

well worth it i can imagine, dont go selling your king though

My mate has been waiting since June, he rung them up every few weeks and they gave the same answer ''it'll be available in a couple of weeks'', which is a complete lie, so he resorted to building up an old XC, whiohc is shit anyway. Seriously bad customer service, if they had any intension of releasing it when they said they were going to it'd be alright, but they must have known it was gona be 6 months longer than they said it would be.

i have got one it has a few spokes missing due to me lacing the non drive side radial BUT apart from that (which is my fault) the hub is awsum!!!!!

good engagement and WILL be out very soon. the problem with the hub will be availability. to sponsored riders they will be available as far as i am aware or people testing them.

hope are moving location soon so the development of this hub has been/will be delayed DUE to them moving. dependant on if they get all the parts sorted last i heard it was the production of the "Freehub" trials body. as its different to the Pro2 XC hub body.

Waynio......................

TRUST me good things come to those who wait!!!! mine aint slipped and iv put mine through some serious pressure. i love it to bits, i was dubious but now iv used one and tried it i wont go to anything else and wouldnt like to go back to my trusty mono UNLESS i really had to. this HUB is THE hub for trials. SIMPLE!!!

i have got one it has a few spokes missing due to me lacing the non drive side radial BUT apart from that (which is my fault) the hub is awsum!!!!!

good engagement and WILL be out very soon. the problem with the hub will be availability. to sponsored riders they will be available as far as i am aware or people testing them.

hope are moving location soon so the development of this hub has been/will be delayed DUE to them moving. dependant on if they get all the parts sorted last i heard it was the production of the "Freehub" trials body. as its different to the Pro2 XC hub body.

Waynio......................

TRUST me good things come to those who wait!!!! mine aint slipped and iv put mine through some serious pressure. i love it to bits, i was dubious but now iv used one and tried it i wont go to anything else and wouldnt like to go back to my trusty mono UNLESS i really had to. this HUB is THE hub for trials. SIMPLE!!!

wayne is now in hospital after hitting his face flat on a slab of concrete due to the hub skipping...

IM KIDDING KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just had to do it...POW POW BRA BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA wayne has a big ding dong POW POW BRA BRETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I have a Hope Pro II on the front. I know that ain't the question, but I thought I would share that. So far it seems to be working very well as a front hub and it hasn't fallen to pieces after a couple of weeks, so I say it's all good (Y)

tried it loved it best hub ive ever used, stop moaning it'll be worth the wait.

got the pro 2 xc now and thats better than any XC/mono ive used. so if you really dont have any patience at all just buy them they are available now, same springs and pawls etc as trials version but longer freehub barrel so the wheel isnt dishless.

lets see if we can go a month before the next "where's this hub" topic!

Spoke to Clive (Leeson) a couple of days ago and he's gone over to a promo-show Hope are having to bust a cap in someones ass about the hubs. I think Ash (kennard) is pretty in the know about them.....

Rich

yeah i've been discussing the issue with clive, ash (trialsnoir on here) and hope themselves. when it comes out it should be awesome, but don't buy the normal one as it only has 24ep, make sure you get the pro2t which has 48ep and is designed for trials.

to be honest, i can't wait.

EDIT: just seen your post

"tried it loved it best hub ive ever used, stop moaning it'll be worth the wait.

got the pro 2 xc now and thats better than any XC/mono ive used. so if you really dont have any patience at all just buy them they are available now, same springs and pawls etc as trials version but longer freehub barrel so the wheel isnt dishless.

lets see if we can go a month before the next "where's this hub" topic!"

it will be far better than an xc/mono or the pro2 (24ep) will be way worth the wait.

please don't start another topic on these hubs until they are released as it is now just pissing everyone off.

Edited by ash-kennard

ash-kennard, agree with what u said

the pro 2 t will be better given the extra ep and it is. having ridden both hubs now i definitely need to try and land meself another trials model.

but what i mean is, because of stronger springs and much larger pawls the 24 ep version is more reliable than mono/xc less skippage. ride with more confidence.

"or me it is the best hub i have ever used on the rear"

put that in context and it might become a valid point. As it stands "best hub" is not helping anyone.

What others hubs have you used? What makes it the "best hub"? Have you used a King? Surely with more engagments a King is stronger/better?

Bah. Guy

Yeah I know I was joking really. A front hub is a front hub, there's not much to choose between them. It has smoother bearings than my back King though :ermm:

Thats because it was James Noyce's wheels aka dodgy :P

Why not run a MTB profile instead?

"or me it is the best hub i have ever used on the rear"

put that in context and it might become a valid point. As it stands "best hub" is not helping anyone.

What others hubs have you used? What makes it the "best hub"? Have you used a King? Surely with more engagments a King is stronger/better?

Bah. Guy

listen pal, i probably know a lot more about hubs and design of hubs than you do............ ive used a hell of a lot of hubs that are on the market, infact every hope model going......... ive never had a problem with any of them.......ive used kings....... and profiles ..these are not stronger than the new hope hub.......it has been proven when we did the torque testing on a king hub against the pro 2 t and pro 2 model hubs........

the design in my oppinion, being an enginner myself and having helped hope develop this new hub, is stronger than a king design, the springs are amazingly stiff, if you dont believe me, just ask waynio , ali c or matt holdsworth what they all think of the pro 2.............

the ratchet design will be proven over time.......

i know which i would rather use.........

and which has better customer service

hope all the way

ash

and profiles ..these are not stronger than the new hope hub.......it has been proven when we did the torque testing on a king hub against the pro 2 t and pro 2 model hubs........

i can't say i'm suprised, they truely are shit and im really glad i didn't get one of those