Hope Pro 2 Trials Hubs

SiTrials

this topic has got out of hand..............theres a hell of a lot of bullshit thats not needed in this topic, for gods sake its a hub..........if people dont want to use the hub then they wont, at the end of the day its every one to there own. i will always stick with hope due to the fact that i test for them......... most people who got things to test would take up the offer, i didnt see the need for chris king to be brought into this topic though, its gone far from the point of informing people that a new hub will soon be on the market,

and another thing, the only people who can comment on the performance of this hub is the people who tested it and have used one, on this forum i believe this to be

me

waynio

matt holdsworth

and now stan shaw, dur to tarty recieving some prototypes

the only things the others can comment on is looks of the hub, because you have to ride the hub to know what it feels like

but to be honest some of you people just like to cause arguments over nothing............

chill

ash

this topic has got out of hand..............theres a hell of a lot of bullshit thats not needed in this topic, for gods sake its a hub..........if people dont want to use the hub then they wont, at the end of the day its every one to there own. i will always stick with hope due to the fact that i test for them......... most people who got things to test would take up the offer, i didnt see the need for chris king to be brought into this topic though, its gone far from the point of informing people that a new hub will soon be on the market,

and another thing, the only people who can comment on the performance of this hub is the people who tested it and have used one, on this forum i believe this to be

me

waynio

matt holdsworth

and now stan shaw, dur to tarty recieving some prototypes

the only things the others can comment on is looks of the hub, because you have to ride the hub to know what it feels like

but to be honest some of you people just like to cause arguments over nothing............

chill

ash

Agreed (Y)

Maybe a bit of old skool fun injected back into the sport?

Organise .The great "Shitmano DeWhore" freewheel ride. . mass street ride. B)

Everyone has to ride a deore hub on 521.

Dave.

Maybe everyone could learn by their mistakes.

I mean ,in life, you should have a good idea about what is good for you or not.

So,if you dont get on with a particular hub......move on.

AND this is why i have my opinions on things my good man...........

for everyone else who is total chris king you stay that way. until the day you get very upset with it (Y) and then come back to grandad waynio and say "ye you were right when they slip THEY slip" its personal preference. i dont care what you all think BUT none of you can comment on the Pro2T as ash as said as there is a minute few of us on here who have them.

but hey, i like/love mine to bits, its just that the engagement of the hub is so positive,no spongyness at all its pure knock!!!its engaged and ready to put power through. my king/other kings seem to have a spongy response like, bang,bit of flex and spongyness for the ratchet rings engaging. hence this is what i dis liked about the king desing as well as the hub slipping.

Waynio...............................

i will only say that the pro2 T is a very positive hub.

<pedantry> Point of order, arn't all mountain bike hubs (and BMX hubs, and anything that uses a freewheel) really adapted road hubs and freewheels?</Pedantry>

SURELY a hub desgined for the purpose though is better than something being ADAPTED. yes ok a pro2T is like a xc based hub BUT the internals have been desinged for trials, stronger in most ways bolt in instead of QR.

Agreed (Y)

Maybe a bit of old skool fun injected back into the sport?

Organise .The great "Shitmano DeWhore" freewheel ride. . mass street ride. B)

Everyone has to ride a deore hub on 521.

Dave.

i'll bring the bandages and super glue to stick the ratchet system back together :lol:

I havn't read all of the thread as it's obvious what most of it's about.

I have used hope since my first decent wheelbuild about 5 and a half years ago. I used one XC ti freehub body for about 4.5 years and it was perfect, I replaced 2 springs. Eventually the ratchet thread striped, I bought a new one as the old one was very old and I felt it deserved retirement. I learnt with it and improved with it so it's taken a lot of abuse. I bought another XC. Hopes seem to suit me and the way I ride. I know a mate of mine who has had 2 hubs 2 axels and numerous springs in about 3/4 years. Same hubs different riders.

I know riders who swear by kings and have never ever ever had a problem with them. I also know people who have had lots of problems with them. Same hubs different riders

What i'm getting at is......

DIFFERENT HUBS SUIT DIFFERENT RIDERS AND DIFFERENT STYLES OF RIDING.

If you use a hope and don't get on with it, try a profile a king or whatever. If you get a king and dont get on with it get a hope a profile or whatever etc.

Just try different hubs, find your perfect partner.

Dan

for everyone else who is total chris king you stay that way. until the day you get very upset with it (Y) and then come back to grandad waynio and say "ye you were right when they slip THEY slip"

Using this mighty fine logic of yours, when your Hope hub skips, you can come back to us and say "yeah, you were right, when they slip, they slip".

So er, why are you Hope bedder's arguing for a hub that no one else except you lot have tried.

Tell Hope to get their finger out their ass and give a real date for release, rather then "in 2 weeks" every 2 weeks for the past 8 or 10, then after release, other then Hope bedder's can give review's that the public could whole heartidly believe, more than the shread of believability that currently exist's through-out this thread.

eod. kthxbye. :rolleyes:

why would they wish to release something to a general ass hole like you?

(EDIT ^^^^ that bit wasnt meant to sound harsh. it was meant to be like *you cant rush these things*)

you see the problem is with you lot is everything is going riggggggggggggggght above your heads.

THINK!!!!

STOP

& LISTEN

Hope for the past 18/24 months have been working on designing "TRIALS" parts for example a Hope TRIALS brake, a Hope TRIALS hub. capiche? therefore you would be buying something designed for the purpose. there is no arguement in here there are alot of opinions in this thread. i am giving advice to someone who asked a question about a HOPE TRIALS hub. if you dont like it lump it. but with the internals of the new "TRIALS" hub, it has stronger beefier springs and pawls therefore the engagement more positive and direct, not spongy and not shitty. i put my mono back on last night to see if there was a difference as i thought i might as well try and see if i can figure out in my head and then let you know there is a noticeable difference weather or not you listen is another matter.

the mono feels spongier than the Pro2 T but not as spongy as chris kings,(this is due to their unique desing, as it interlocks before the power transfer is there, so there is a form of delay) obviosly it has 72ep though, as the mono only has 24ep, the pro2t has 48 i think and therefore with the stiffer side of the engagement and larger pawls and springs it makes for a more positive response at the pedals and in the hub itself.

ONLY MY OPINION though.

Waynio...................................

you can all judge the pro2T but you dont know, hence why i posted about my experiences with other hubs and such forth. if you dont like my opinion you dont have to listen to it.

Edited by Waynio

Tell Hope to get their finger out their ass and give a real date for release, rather then "in 2 weeks" every 2 weeks for the past 8 or 10, then after release, other then Hope bedder's can give review's that the public could whole heartidly believe, more than the shread of believability that currently exist's through-out this thread.

they have done, it is just now that i have spoken to them, 2 weeks TO THIS day. yes it will be Thursday the 9th February 2006. i have been told will be the first batch of Pro2 TRIALS hubs to be picked and sent to people. as in trade sales.

so for anyone wanting one they will be available FROM id say the 10th February 2006. as it will take a day to get into stock.

Waynio.............................

i know people are saying you cant rush things, but my coursework gcse says otherwise, they could easily have got the hub out by now, just had other priorities i guess.

btw im not having a go at hope because im bitter my hub just started skipping like a whore. i bum them.

dont worry mat, they have tried many many different internal designs and pawl designs and they have chosen the BEST for trials. the BEST taking the term "to them"

Waynio......................

it will be soon though. two weeks today they told me this morning. this is when i can start getting my coloured ones as the prototypes/pre production were all black.

wayne is now in hospital after hitting his face flat on a slab of concrete due to the hub skipping...

IM KIDDING KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just had to do it...POW POW BRA BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA wayne has a big ding dong POW POW BRA BRETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I now want ginger kids with porter :sweatingbullets::kiss:

Woooo Red :) Are the production models going to be on a bolt up axle? I saw the 6 speed one was...But what about to the non hope 'supported' people? Will we have a bolt up option aswell? and are the releasing te 8 speed one still??

Tom, I'd expect Hope will only be testing production ideas, not one offs for this person and that person. If you order one, expect it to be bolt up and six speed.

I'm working on cassette options already :)

Chris

Tom, I'd expect Hope will only be testing production ideas, not one offs for this person and that person. If you order one, expect it to be bolt up and six speed.

I'm working on cassette options already :)

Chris

its funny you should mention that, because it was me who asked for a one of bolt up six speed hub from my mate at hope who is the designer..............then he made one and they are going into production..........

ash

brown nosing tut!

it worked though didnt it? :P hehe

its deffo THE hub that trials riders will use. (from a trials point of view that is as in the "BIU" rules state of 6 gears to be on a 26" wheeled trials bike for world championship events, this also is incurred into the british championship too.)

yes the trials hubs are going to be bolt in (Y) as far as i am aware, this is what has been the delay on the hubs, the freehub body is different and has to be set up on a machine and so do the axles and stainless steel freehubs.(as they are a shorter barrell for 6 speeders)

Waynio..........................