Jobs..... Where To Get One?

fat-jake

hey lads and lasses......

up to now my mum and dad have been paying for my bike's but now they have come to the conclusion i have to get a job because they arnt payiing for everything anymore...

so the main question is....what jobs do people do at the age of fifteen.?

i have read up on some stuff..and it says i cant "legally work" serving or preparing food...in a mechainical enviroment......but.....lets see what you people come up with....

cheers fat jake...."poor trials rider"

You have to be careful where you work, some people do take advantage. They will try and rip you off with wages and work hours.

Your minimum wage is 3 pounds an hour, if your employer doesn't pay this, they are breaking the law. Your minimum wage is uneffected by how many hours you work, full time or part time.

You are NOT allowed to work in a mine, in a factory, in transport or on a construction yard.

You would not be allowed to work during school time, and if you work after school it is for 2 hours only, or for 12 hours over one week in which you should go to school and finally from 7am - 7pm are your ONLY working hours.

Theres a lot of law involved to protect younger workers, most employers don't bother because it is a lot of work and they are very liable if all goes wrong.

If you have any questions or want more info just PM me, this is my occupation :)

Only just noticed your age, seeing how you're under 16, your not entitled to a minimum wage!

Edited by anzo

You would not be allowed to work during school time, and if you work after school it is for 2 hours only, or for 12 hours over one week in which you should go to school and finally from 7am - 7pm are your ONLY working hours.

I am 15 and before the summer I was a KP at a restaurant, I started work at 6-7 and finished at 12-12.30 (on a school night mainly) and I did about 20 hours a week. It was damn good pay though £5 a hour.

It just goes to show that businesses (unless they are big) don't really care about the law(s) ;) .

Edited by Jaffacakes