Rims

Matthew_Gibson

In need of a new rear rim. Narrowed it down to 3:

• Echo 2006
  • Onza ronnie
  • Onza Hog

What are they like? Will I have any trouble with the Echo rim in a Echo Control?

Not that bothered about how the rim last after a few grinds, cause I don't grind!

I'm not that hardest of riders, but I don't want it to last 2 weeks.

Could I use the Echo Front rim on the rear?

Any other rims I could look at?

Cheers Matt (Y):D

Edited by Matt Gibson

I have had a hog just about a month now and im not impressed with it to be fair, It seems to buckle fairly easy, It cant hold grinds At all, And dents like a bad ass. 2 grinds and it had the massviest dent in ever!

But meh, aslong as its round im not to fussed

Tom

onza ronnie cant be falted (Y) ive had it 2 weeks now and it stil hasnt dented or buckled, but buckling a rim is normally down to abit of a crap build (Y) .

Yeah i'm with snowy here ronnies all the way, i've seen this guy rim out so bad on it and it's not even dented (yet), There very very strong and hold grinds very good, just go for the ronnie.

LMFAO!!!!!

"worse than my koxx rim"

its a generic rim in blinking taiwan, there are people like you saying that who have probably trashed one doing sumit yet theres people like me and others that are riding them harder and probably going through alot more stress with their rims yet we aint breaking them???? i wonder why, is it the ghost of xmas past where "rumours" fly around?

mate if your looking at a Hog rim look at koxx rims too (purely cos you can get a coloured one (Y):) ) therefore it tricks your bike out a bit more, you can look like dougie lampkin on a push bike!!!! Orange rims (Y) or if you want to be seen illuminous yellow!!! woop woop. my illuminous ones will be on for koxx days :P

Waynio................................

but to be truthful the hog and koxx rim are the same just colours available and strength wise i havent had any problems with mine, and iv used BOTH hog and koxx rims. Ronnies are poor they have straight sidewalls therefore the rim dinting easIER. i had a ronnie that was dented to death asnd back yet my Try-All rim on the same gaps and drops aint denting at all.

The ronnies look good, the new echo rims look a bit like cheese...

I say on echo 05 (black with silver dug out one), get one from www.tartybikes.com they're only £25-£30 (Y)

Been running my echo 05 for about 5 weeks now, sweeet! :)

Nathan :-

Ive no complaints over my hog rim.

Tartybikes built it on my old xc hub. I gave the spokes a tighten after a couple of hours riding and ive not even got a slight wobble on it. Ive had it for at least 3 months now i think.

I do wonder how some manage to bend rims like these. Learn to land!!!

I say on echo 05 (black with silver dug out one), get one from www.tartybikes.com they're only £25-£30 (Y)

Been running my echo 05 for about 5 weeks now, sweeet! :)

Nathan :-

I have one on m bike now, had in a year (maybe less) It got a few dents and its a tad egg shape, when I spin the wheel I can feel the bike moving up and down. Am going to get a Ronnie, new spokes and get a good build for once! my dads done all mine! there good but they don't stay true for that long (2 weeks MAX!)

Cheers Folks!

Whats with everyone suddenly not liking echo rims? I swear a couple of weeks ago they were "THE" rim of choice on here, what made everyone change their opinions?

I still would personally have an echo 06 rim by far over any of the others- wider, stiffer, and good material. Unless I have missed out on some mass recall or something due to them all breaking?? :ermm::S