Magura Paint Time :)

PaRtZ

Enamel paint should be fine, but you might want to invest in some varnish to make the paint stay there longer! (i have noticed my feet rub on the cylinders and it has striped the paint on them) also I paint minatures for cash (like a hooker with a desk...) and it's the same paint unless you sand down the cylinder, then you might want to do a basecoat (black or white spray paint, black if it's a dark colour, white if it's a light colour) What colour are you doing them?

Enamel paint should be fine, but you might want to invest in some varnish to make the paint stay there longer! (i have noticed my feet rub on the cylinders and it has striped the paint on them) also I paint minatures for cash (like a hooker with a desk...) and it's the same paint unless you sand down the cylinder, then you might want to do a basecoat (black or white spray paint, black if it's a dark colour, white if it's a light colour) What colour are you doing them?

Fine wire wool brings anything aluminium up a treat to start with - if you don't like the kinda 'brushed' effect it gives, then break out the polish.

Personally I'd leave em bare metal rather than paint em every few months. You'd want something hard-wearing I suppose for that application. If they do floor paint in small quantities (hah, yeah right) that might do it well as long as it actually sticks to ali. Floor paint just DOESN'T wear off.

Or failing that there's stuff called...um Trimite I think it's called. Something like that, it's dedicated metal paint that's supposed to be pretty indestructible, but doesn't usually have a particularly nice finish to it. And I think it only comes in dark colours, so it might not be what ye want.

Well I dremelled off all the old paint but It left a really un even surface which actually looks quite cool :) Now Ive applied the first coat...

....only 6 hours to wait

BTW if you want to know what colour it is Humbrol 52 enamal paint ;)