Is Anybody Doing A Pluming Appreticeship?

Davetrials

Well what do you mean?

Im a bench joinery apprentice its not plumbing but its still in the building trade. I get up go to work, do work like joiners do get given small jobs at first but then as you get better you get given more stuff to do. I do block relase to college(get payed still)

If you want to be a plumber go for it best way to get into a trade. (Y)

im doing an apprentiship for CNC machining i know its not plumbing but its a good chance to learn a trade and get payed to do it and if you pass you usually end up with a decent job (Y)

Edited by craigdavies

I'm doing a electrical installation apprenticeship same i know its not plumming but its a trade, basicly i'm doing 3 weeks at col then 3 weeks on site over and over again site is 8am start till half 4 and half 2 on a friday, and college is 9m till 5 and friday is 10 till half 3.

Its alrite gets stressful sometimes when your working with dicks.

As for the plumming side ask either The Subway(Adam) or Colly(mark).

Richie.

if you want to do plumbing go with a company called haden young, very good company and have a very good reputation. its who i am doing a heating and ventilation apprentischip with. but personally id do the H&V not plumbing you learn a lot more and you also do arc an gas welding. pay is pretty good as well, i get about £400 a week and i also get all my travel paid, london waiting and a bonus every week. it can be easy and it can be hard. complaeting the college work is too easy we done ours in the last couple of weeks. you will get all the shit jobs to start with, if you do as your told and dont give them shit you will get on fine (i learnt the hard way) and over time they will let you do your own work on your own. i have just qualified and im already installing a complete ahu plant room on my own :S

EDIT: i have just noticed your from warrington, and i know haden young have an office in warrington to give them a call.

Edited by Dan Hardman

Yeah I read the other day apparently there's now a crazy amount of plumbers not needed? Everyone decided plumbers got payed shit loads after seeing the odd thing on TV bout how they were in demand, and now there's way too many. Well not at the minute, still a shortage now, but there are a few thousand more than needed in training, so in a couple of years there's bebig ass overkill... Apparently.