What Do You Prefer?

hulltrialser

what do you prefere?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. what do you prefere?

• hope
    • chris king

tried hopes on other people's bikes, have felt nice.

my king has been ok, but not great. a bit of skippage, but it should be sorted now.

i preferred my acs over the king though, but i am sure it'll change. it was just that my acs freewheels skipped only once.

Is this about a hope pro 2 against the chris king, or the xc against chris king? As very few people have ridden the new pro 2.

If it was between the pro 2 and king, I personally would actually buy the pro 2, as it sounds to me similar to my profile mod hub, which I love.

However, between an XC and a king, it would be a hard choice, but I would probably prefer a king. It would be like choosing between a tractor that lasts forever and a supercar that may or may not randomly explode. Id possibly take the risk of possible explosion (Y).

A tuf one...

I voted hope because when you shell out your hard earned cash for a new hub, you don't just get the hub.....you get amazing after sale service too!

I don't or never have had a king but I know alot of people who have them, they work great! Hardly ever skip (if had a visit to tart) and generally engage alot better. There also 3 times as much for a new one than a hope.

I've had my mono for a longggg time and in total i've had to replace the springs 3 times myself and recently it needed a new rachet ring so I sent it to hope knowing I would get quality FREE service, they not only replaced the rachet, also the freehub body and all internals :o FOR FREE

Not only is it hubs, i've also had the same experience with my front disk (mini mono) where they replaced the caliper, pads and obviously bleed it.

So in total i've had great products that have lasted a long time but along with that fantastic service, when they do go wrong they'll sort it out asap.

I'll look forward to inverting into the new trials hub too :)(Y)

Edited by Rob P

Have used many of Hope's offerings and have been using a King for nearly 3 years now.

King wins hands down. Most of the complaints you get from King users is due to them either not being set up correctly for trials from the beginning, or a lack of maintainance.

The engagement system on a King is quite simply so great, it makes Hope and other ratchet systems look rather crude. Yes they are more expensive, but I have NEVER once had a single problem with my King, it has NEVER skipped whilst riding trials. The only skips I have experienced have been when simply riding along, and even then they are barely noticible.

I have had Hope's skip on me on more than one occasion when riding trials.

This is nothing against Hope, as they are a fantastic company, but King in my opinion are the daddy of all hubs, and no new hub using a traditional ratchet system will come close.

shit post cos if this is based on the pro 2 then no f**ker has one so they have nothing to compare

Apart from the language, good point.

obviously its not on the pro2 or i would have said its just hopes in general now.

Ben

He said this was made due to the disscusions in the hope pro II thred. Where people seem to be arguing about the performnce of a hub that only a handful of people have ridden. :huh:

Obviously, the king beats the standard hope. But weather the 'hope' is reffering to the current ones or the new ones is a mystery. Makin the outcome of the poll useless. :closedeyes:

Have used many of Hope's offerings and have been using a King for nearly 3 years now.

King wins hands down. Most of the complaints you get from King users is due to them either not being set up correctly for trials from the beginning, or a lack of maintainance.

The engagement system on a King is quite simply so great, it makes Hope and other ratchet systems look rather crude. Yes they are more expensive, but I have NEVER once had a single problem with my King, it has NEVER skipped whilst riding trials. The only skips I have experienced have been when simply riding along, and even then they are barely noticible.

I have had Hope's skip on me on more than one occasion when riding trials.

This is nothing against Hope, as they are a fantastic company, but King in my opinion are the daddy of all hubs, and no new hub using a traditional ratchet system will come close.

Sums it up pretty perfectly.

Hopes aftersale service can't be beaten, but its so inconvient having to send your hub back every few month when you can buy a King that doesn't ever skip when setup, and has over 3x the engagement at the same time.

you wont have to wait much longer for the Pro2 Trials.

2weeks today they will be available.

Waynio.........................

no point me going into "My opinion" but this post is bollox you might aswell read the "Pro2 Thread" hahaha funny how you put a poll up? but what does it prove? nothing at all people will be happy with what they use and be happy with what they can afford. the other post was about the "NEW" Pro2 Trials hub, this thread is like a slagging match BEFORE it was even posted. will be funny to watch it escalate. altho there is no point cos everyone will start bitching.

no point me voting either, its obvios what i would vote "I have HOPE! do you?"