Damn E.n.o's

Trials mama

Get a tool. You can't really do it without it.

Then bolt the tool onto the freehweel and put the crank arm in a vice.

Then find the biggest spanner, put it onto the freewheel tool, and smack the spanner with a mallet, very hard.

I'm not sure where to get the tool from though. :ermm:

is this the right kind of tool?

found it through the other topic about freewheels. might not be right though :closedeyes: but if it is 7 quid isnt too expensive

Yes - even though it looks a bit cheap.

Someone a while ao said that eno's and acs's need different tools to remove them. So i'm not 100% sure if they're different sises. :ermm:

Someone a while ao said that eno's and acs's need different tools to remove them. So i'm not 100% sure if they're different sises. :ermm:

You can file that post in with the other 95% of T-Fs post as "Incorrect" then :P The same tool does Dictas, ACSs and Enos. The only ACS freewheels that are different are the micro-drive ones, which don't apply here.

If you bolt the tool onto the freewheel, it's all good. Personally, I'd shop around for a slightly beefier tool than the one in the link. Just looks a bit suspect.

I usually find that just a spanner + extension bar, then just lean against the end works better every single time than hitting it.

Yeah but you don't get rid of any pent up anger.

'cos of the fact it's like a lever, if you want to get it done fast just go right at the end, but if you wanna go full on "GGGGGGRRRRRRROOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGH" you can push nearer the spanner head. Solves every problem ;)

I was actually going to ask that, 'cos it wouldn't be the first time I'd heard of that happening... Gotta try and get my Eno off now 'n' all so I can bosh the Tensile on. Should be interesting :shifty: Hopefully Mat's vice can take the strain though :P

It does sorta vary, I think. Either way, make the most of your LBS's. Our's has gone under, and it's surprising how much it f**ks you up ('specially if you work there... £140 a month I'm down now, not to mention workshop time ;)) even for small stuff like nuts, bolts, spacers, and little items like seatclamps, etc. *sigh* Never mind I suppose :(

It does sorta vary, I think. Either way, make the most of your LBS's. Our's has gone under, and it's surprising how much it f**ks you up ('specially if you work there... £140 a month I'm down now, not to mention workshop time ;)) even for small stuff like nuts, bolts, spacers, and little items like seatclamps, etc. *sigh* Never mind I suppose :(

we have two others though

but guess what :-

poop too

my lbs couldnt even get my rear sprocket off :blink: