Which Is The Slave Cylinder?

bikerboysam1

Right... I have an oil splitter on my rear HS33, and I need to re-bleed it. (Which I have never done before :$ , but I think know how) So, I was just wondering, which is the slave cylinder/which cylinder do I use to bleed the brake? Or doesn't it really matter? Also, does it matter if my TPA doesn't work? and What can I do about that TPA, if anything? :ermm:

Thanks a lot,

Sam :)

If its a 2005 Maggie and the TPA is f**ked then, in my experience your'e stuck, I've tried EVERYTHING to get that b*****d thing fixed but to no luck.

The cheapest option, insteaded of replacing with another 05 blade, is to get an 04 lever and body, the TPA is better, and if that screws up, its a quick and easy bodge.

I've found no bodge for the 05, but someone might have...if so please share :)

The slave cylinders are, regardless if you're standing on your head etc. always the bits which the pads clip into.

and yeah if your TPA has gone fraid its a new lever.... :(

I have just realised that the question wasn't very clear. What I meant was: Which cylinder (on the rear), do I put the bleeding hose into? Or doesn't it matter?

Thanks though :)

Sam

Edited by bikerboysam1

I have just realised that the question wasn't very clear. What I meant was: Which cylinder (on the rear), do I put the bleeding hose into?

There should only be one place for it to go. The main hose + crossover will go into the primary (first slave in the line) and then the crossover + the bleed bolt will go in the other

Where you get them cheap little things from dave? :o:P We're not all as clever as you :(

There should only be one place for it to go. The main hose + crossover will go into the primary (first slave in the line) and then the crossover + the bleed bolt will go in the other

Where you get them cheap little things from dave? :o:P We're not all as clever as you :(

Well, I haven't got the 'crossover' bit, I have an 'oil splitter' instead. So there isn't a primary cylinder...

It probably doesn't matter then?

EDIT: Ok, thanks dave, I will just bleed both sides and see how it goes.

Edited by bikerboysam1