Hoooooka Help Needed With Pedals

manguin2001

Afternoon all,

I have I guess you can say a weird problem (although I’m not sure if it’s weird) when doing some hooks. I am trying to hook (to two wheels) 8 pallets (7 normal crates and 1 blue crate). I hit it over ok but as I lift up my foot forward (my left) seems to wedge itself in the top pallet (in between the gap of the pallets top and bottom bits) as I go over and my pedal and foot seem to get stuck there and I fall off backwards just being able to take my foot out in time before I have a nasty accident. I have tried everything but it still seems to happen. When I try and hook on 8 pallets with a slightly leant up one I get over fine. So I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience or problems or advise for this kind of thing I’ve never really heard of anyone having that problem before. It’s a shame as because other than that I think I can hook it as I seem to have the upwards momentum to get upwards and over it.

Oh and before you ask, I hit the crates at a fair speed and use the pedal up method.

Thanks for any help, Adam. (Y)

Afternoon all,

I have I guess you can say a weird problem (although I’m not sure if it’s weird) when doing some hooks. I am trying to hook (to two wheels) 8 pallets (7 normal crates and 1 blue crate). I hit it over ok but as I lift up my foot forward (my left) seems to wedge itself in the top pallet (in between the gap of the pallets top and bottom bits) as I go over and my pedal and foot seem to get stuck there and I fall off backwards just being able to take my foot out in time before I have a nasty accident. I have tried everything but it still seems to happen. When I try and hook on 8 pallets with a slightly leant up one I get over fine. So I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience or problems or advise for this kind of thing I’ve never really heard of anyone having that problem before. It’s a shame as because other than that I think I can hook it as I seem to have the upwards momentum to get upwards and over it.

Oh and before you ask, I hit the crates at a fair speed and use the pedal up method.

Thanks for any help, Adam. (Y)

Yep,

got exactly the same problem with pallets, so if you hook on a wall, you bash your foot but it is kinda ok, if you hook on pallets, the foot gets stuck (N)

I was nearly lifting the last pallet with me (at a decent speed bunny hop) Quite scary too...

Dunno if there is a specific solution

I think its happened to me once or twice, but it's probably just from bad pedal placement/timing with me. Can you try to hook without that foot ending up so far forwards? Or does it feel awkward?

Also, when you hook, do you lean into that side at all, e.g. hook a bit lopsided? I think I hook a bit lopsided, but with high BB on a mod with short cranks, I get away with it :)