Crc Brand X Booster

deanie-b

Careful with the positioning of the 4 bolt holes!

[attachmentid=2647]

It's 46mm, here's the distance straight off a drawing for a certain CNCed Alu stock booster that I'm aquainted with :-

Steve

cheers steve (Y) so if you could please get those measurments mate that be great.

cheers

cheers steve (Y) so if you could please get those measurments mate that be great.

cheers

Got mine a few days ago, there's a tiny bit of flex in it, but it's negligible. You're more likely to get flex in your chain stays or the rest of the brake to be honest. Doesn't look as nice as the XTR - there's no 'varnished' look - it's just raw carbon fibre. Fitted pretty easily to my bag of sh!te (also a Saracen, but a 2.Zero this time), but then I have Avid V's on anyway. I got annoyed with the high maintenance of my last set of maggies :P

As for drilling it out for 4-bolt usage, I don't think it would work. The material where the upper 2 bolts would be i so thin that after a few rides the bolts would wear their own groove into it anyway. It's probably 1mm thick or maybe a tiny bit more in the thin bits, then like 5mm where the existing holes are. Still, you can try it, but give it a few weeks hard use before you post a review/report.

• 2 years later...
ok i apolagise for the UBER bump but i need to know if it will fit my frame before i order one but does anyone know what the minimum and maximum bolt spacing is

No - If you have heatsink adaptors and have the on the widest or middle hole. NO.

If you have them on the last hole, (for thinner rims) maybe. There something like 80mm though! I had one, wouldnt really rate them, after all they are plastic!!!