Butler Tuition On Ebay

Tomy P

i do believe ben slinger has been/ is trying this aswell.

seems to work for motorbike trials. lampkin training days seem very popular.

not for me personally though, for £60 i would expect more learning than i think i would get.

i'd probably make love to gary and morgan, but i'd be thinking about tobias :lol: .

"I know, i'm a good rider, so lets take the piss out of gullable impressionable beginners and take their money while i pretend to teach them an unteachable subject. Sure they won't know any different. I'll give them a few tips that anyone else can do for free, except i'll charge because i'm up my arse and a bit of a twat..."

i'd probably make love to gary and morgan, but i'd be thinking about tobias :lol: .

"I know, i'm a good rider, so lets take the piss out of gullable impressionable beginners and take their money while i pretend to teach them an unteachable subject. Sure they won't know any different. I'll give them a few tips that anyone else can do for free, except i'll charge because i'm up my arse and a bit of a twat..."

can i have a bmx lesson bongo ? :P

sure you can. i'm currently charging £30 per tip, and a bonus of £15 if you pull the trick after my expert qualified training. I charge for every meter i have to ride to instruct you @ £15 per meter, then of course i need expense for fuel, energy expenditure, clothes wear, tyre wear and brain power taken up.

You should learn an x up for just under £800. (Y)(Y)

sure you can. i'm currently charging £30 per tip, and a bonus of £15 if you pull the trick after my expert qualified training. I charge for every meter i have to ride to instruct you @ £15 per meter, then of course i need expense for fuel, energy expenditure, clothes wear, tyre wear and brain power taken up.

You should learn an x up for just under £800. (Y)(Y)

BARGAIN there man.

Ashton and Co. get paid for writing the trials tips things in MBUK. More often than not, it'll be properly basic stuff like "How to backhop" or "Trackstanding" or whatever. Either way, they get paid for doing that, and seeing as MBUK seem to rake it in from the extortionate amount they charge + advertising fees, they can probably afford to pay well.

It's funny that I haven't heard anyone on here go "For f**ks sake, ____'s written another new column. Just taking money off people. Blah blah blah."

Like someone said, this shit's big in the mototrials world. If it works for people there - and from the write-ups it really does work well - then I don't get why it's such a big deal that someone's trying to get by by doing something they love doing, which just happens to be trials in this case. If Danny's making money from doing something he enjoys, where's the problem? Some people might feel it'll benefit them (e.g. the people who bought tuition from Slinger?), so where's the harm in it if they want to spend some money? I learnt loads from the odd 'group' rides I've been on and from when other people come here, so if I've learnt that much from "amateur" riders I've ridden with maybe you could learn a lot from him?

Meh, not fussed really...

iv been helping loads of lads where i live for age4s n half there dads say i shud go part time @work and they pay me to teach :Slol!!!! i would love to,but whats the point when you can help someone for free then they will repay the favor when you need one.its all about having patience with teaching people.

Waynio......................

iv been helping loads of lads where i live for age4s n half there dads say i shud go part time @work and they pay me to teach :Slol!!!! i would love to,but whats the point when you can help someone for free then they will repay the favor when you need one.its all about having patience with teaching people.

Waynio......................

A good point. If I had lessons/training whatever from anyone in trials, I would want it to be free. Simply because if you're paying for it, it seems very impersonal and just like 'yeh, I'm here for 2 hours, make the most of it'.

As Waynio said, they'll repay the favour. But imagine if you charged them lads for your experience, they'd soon lose all respect for you and eventually just give up. You can't buy respect, its earnt. Waynio is a prime example!

The Lampkin lessons, fair enough, I've heard good things from them, but still people say 'Its amazing how he takes the time off from World Rounds to teach some young lads new things'...he takes in about 10 riders. I'd say its a 60 pound lesson at the minimum, thats 600...easy money or what? It also keeps his sponsers happy. Not so 'amazing' now is it...imagine if that was free for 10 'lucky' riders, in a competition or something, he'd get so much more respect...but hey, what does respect matter when money is envolved?

Edited by anzo

If I had lessons/training whatever from anyone in trials, I would want it to be free.

Ah, such a pervasive mentality at the moment. Why buy videos when you can download them? Why pay for anything when you can get it somewhere else for free?

Well, in some cases you get what you pay for.

Would I benefit from spending a few hours getting tuition from a top rider? Certainly. Would other people? Certainly. It's not about going on a ride and saying "how do you do that?" It's about getting feedback on your riding, having their input on your technique and so on. It's great that people like Wayne do this for free to help the sport, but not everyone is lucky enough to have a Waynio on their doorstep.

There are a few sports where having a coach is frowned upon. You don't see people strapping skis to their feet and going down a slope without an instructor, or diving without one. There are swathes of registered football coaches and tennis coaches and so on.

If I ever scrape together enough pennies to get a big, bouncy bike and head off to the North Shore, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be getting training and tution out there on how to ride that stuff!

It seems that the trials community in the UK is largely driven by technology. New bikes, new tyres, new (cough) hubs. People will spend a fortune to upgrade perfectly good bits, but they won't pay to upgrade themselves. Yes, you can progress naturally, you can pick up techniques from others, but if you can accelerate the process by having A Top Rider help you for a few hours then you'll do far better than splashing the same amount of cash on a couple of fancy bike bits.