Butler Tuition On Ebay

Tomy P

I was so wrong.

I apologise for my bad behaviour. :$

Take care (Y)

Hope the lessons do well (Y)

Like the true pro i am thank you

and good luck in the future (Y)

ps just to let you all know it must be the chat on here i just sold another one GET IN :P

B)-->

QUOTE(danny B @ Jan 29 2006, 09:01 PM)

ps just to let you all know it must be the chat on here i just sold another one GET IN :P

Having family in Stoke. Maybe you could give a discount to an old worn out 24 rider.

How cheeky is that.

Dave

B)-->

QUOTE(danny B @ Jan 29 2006, 09:01 PM)

lol that helps everyones oppinion of you danny. nah im just kidding im guessing you were being sarcastic, i rode with you in manchester with slinger and ali and you seemed like a cool guy and had us all cracking up( remember the club teasers?)

Some people on this forum are total losers!

If you wear as good as danny, and wanted to make abit of money, whilst making your name EVER bigger in the trials world, then wouldnt you make a training day, exclusivly brought to you by a top class rider?

I was talkint o slinger about his when he brought his training day out, and he said he was going to make a section, then let the lad ride it, then when slinger spots somthing wrong with what he is doing, then he would point it out, and help where he struggles.

so i would love the help to get me through comps and come first n stuff.... wouldnt u?

out of interest i have sold 4 and one group training and me and me bro did one group training down south.

but also i will be doing small training sessions on some of the saturdays before ymsa comps for the club this is for club members and is limited number you will see more info later

back to the e bay one i have had lots of folk ask if they can come in twos so they pay £30 each and yes that ok with me sometimes thats better i think as you have a little rest time and you can see someone of your own level in the section

week days are the best time as now on sundays me and most of my mates go mini motocross riding its mint

onzabob ( out of control and one footer crazy) >_<

rick eyre ( these things are way to fast lets make some trails ) :P

me bro ( yea man ) :)

del (o no i think i bust me leg ) :S

addy Butron ( power house ) :angry:

austin w ( getting one ) :o

and me ( the travis of stoke ) B)

i was waiting for you to post danny (Y) as if i was in a position where i had a bit of time on my hands and people were "ASKING" me to do training i would sure to hell like to do it, but with work commitments and stuff its soooooooooo hard to physically do it (as i work sometimes 6days a week sometimes 5, but the time in which i dont work im out riding myself wanting to improve and try different things, so in theory im teaching myself before i can teach others)

so the idea that danny is doing this to everyone is that he may have been asked to do it and thought it a good idea. for the people on here who are "TOO special" to buy lessons, as they think that going on a big group ride with loads of ACE people (yes this is good) but where do you learn to become this good? iv noticed it with a couple of young lads that live near me, a bit of guidance like "just atrtack it a little bit faster" or "take a more direct line at it" and bobs your uncle the lads understand what your saying and just a few words can make a big difference. Tom Feeley and Alex Thomas, started biketrials last june/july, they started coming out riding with me, bucky, lovatt and everyone about august time after the world round, and they had pretty much just started, a bit of advice from me, bucky and co and for a total time of 6months (riding with us lot) they have got more balls and bloody skill than i had when i had been doing it 6months!!!! and they appreciate it and i think it makes me and bucky in particular look at em and think "shit, if we could have been this good after 6months.............who knows what could have happened!!!" but THEY do not take it for granted that we ride with them in fact its totally th opposite they respect what they are gaining from us AND i think that some people on here should do the same, like yes this thread is full of opinions and such forth which a forum WILL always have, but it did start pretty chaotic and soon turned into a slagging match and a fall out.

"A bit of guidance never killed anyone, but curiosity can!!!"

Waynio..........................

Danny is promoting himself in the way of trials probably how other people did it when they were trying to show the rest of the world what trials is/was about. (this could be from top pro's to anyone wanting to sell themselves (*not sell themselves literally though) if you think about it though as we are all "TRIALS" orientated users, wouldnt it be great to see a "stunt" show at your own convenient time?)

see what people think but for all the people who have been riding from like 0-24 months and enjoy the biketrial sport they will not understand (with them not being a pro and being PROPERLY sponsored/supported) how difficult it is to actually promote yourself................lifes too short aswell. :(

So head up and ride your bike have fun and enjoy it BUT dont slate what someone else is doing as SOMEDAY it maybe an idea of your own to do something like this if you become pro/sponsored/supported in a big way................... :D(Y)

week days are the best time as now on sundays me and most of my mates go mini motocross riding its mint
haha saw dans bike last week and its proper mint! watched a dvd as well witch was crazy!

As for the whole lessons thing, i think its a great idea, the amount you can learn from riding with someone like dan (or his dad for that fact) is unreal, stuff that you just can't pick up watching videos. Afterall he's spent a year with the best riders in the world and is now up there with them. The price is also reasonable considering what you would pay to train with a pro in another sport.

As for not calling dan a pro, i find that hard to believe, theres not many that give it the dedication that dan and his family do. As most people who have actually met them know that they will talk to you about trials all day! The pros that wayne listed, fair enough they are pros, but i think times have changed, I think people don't class people like dan butler and ben savage as pros, because unlike the old pros they are accessable! you see them on rides etc where as back in the day, the only place most people would see the likes of ashton and akkrigg was at the bike show.

I think it would be an alright idea, if people will pay. But i very much doubt they will, especially £60. Butto be fair you cant charge much less than £60 if he has to travel there, etc. etc.

Cheers,

Joe.

cheers for the post wayne lost it half way down way to much writing and i can't read that much most of the time loose interest after second line lol cheers for the pm too we will defo get out togethter and do some riding :P .

Grantham dude you sooo have to come to the track where we ride mx its fat sick jumps man i think everyone should give up trials and go mx because there is sooo much less petty squabling lol and agression is what grants you power mwah hahahahaha :lol:

Dan, if you're going to be on site, then does that mean that the competition sites will be available for practise - at a fee - the day before the events? Outside of the sections, obviously.

I'm keen to do a few YMSAs this year, so I'd like to try out a few good natural venues as a warm up this year too. Could be a good laugh

Dan, if you're going to be on site, then does that mean that the competition sites will be available for practise - at a fee - the day before the events? Outside of the sections, obviously.

I'm keen to do a few YMSAs this year, so I'd like to try out a few good natural venues as a warm up this year too. Could be a good laugh

my Dad says not for open practice its a club training day ie a number of riders pay a small fee to take part in the training day per book i think about 6 or so, we are there all day and i may as well help the club in this way just a new idea not every saturday before the event just some.

and yes i know its you pat darling lol

Danny

B)-->

QUOTE(danny B @ Jan 29 2006, 06:31 PM)

firstly, thanks for all your opinions, good or bad. i will take them all on as a professional for now because after all i ride for a factory direct as there top rider and have my own frame and the title of british mountain bike champion thus making pretty much a pro as is ben savage elite british champion and riding for a factory i.e another pro. Basically if you don't want one of the lessons don't buy one it was originally the idea of ben slinger to make some money because there ain't none in trials unless you are the martins as you would know that gav who would never think of making a video that teaches trials and believe or not YOU HAD TO PAY FOR IT! And believe me i think they may have sold more than 60 quids worth and i bet that was all for the love of the sport yeh right <_<

ps. you lot are believe it or not a little pathetic in the ways that if all you can do is spend your time on this forum slagging me off and complainin or sifting through ebay you need to go out and ride a bit because maybe you could actually one day maybe if your lucky and i have a really bad day, and have two punchers and me leg falls off you might beat me. ohhhh and that was a really big headed statement because after all you call me big headed so i may as well say it !!!!!

so after my little rant i would just like to say hi to all the kids that i taught down in essex which is 200 miles away from my home for free at my own expense to assist "Biketrial" and the future down in the south that none of this involves you and that the people of this forum should go out and ride a bit more just like we were doing and having a good laugh because thats what the sports the about the riding not the bitching (N)

does this make me, a mere mortal a pro then? woohoo!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

as for the topic, i believe that if your willing to pay, then buy one. ( i am sure a lot of kids will) and if your not, leave him alone. he is doing what he likes doing and he is making money from it, i would garantee that every person on this forum would like to earn money from riding and would charge if they knew people would buy it.

He is making more kids get into the sport and that is what we want, right?

*danny, you can pay me later*

BUT, i see why a lot of people wouldn't want to be trained by danny, or maybe even anyone for that matter. the whole point of riding to some people is to learn, ie. craig lee scott doesnt ride to become world champion, he rides because he wants to learn.

whats the point in starting trials if you got on a bike and could sidehop 53 inch! (i am sure alot of people would like that, but i sure as hell wouldn't) learning is the best bit, learning to backhop. learning to sidehop, not making it for hours then eventually getting it and the feeling of achievement is fantastic. and i agree some people would get just the same feeling if danny had taught them how to do it, but just learning by yourself feels so much better to me.

but, each to there own!

joE! sorry if the spellings wrong or it doesn't make sense, had to write one handed. :(

to be honest there is no right or wrong in this .. i couldnt care lol but the way i see it ..... i ride trials because its fun and part of trials is learning stuff. This forum becomes more negative by the day.

B)-->

QUOTE(danny B @ Jan 30 2006, 11:36 AM)

my Dad says not for open practice its a club training day ie a number of riders pay a small fee to take part in the training day per book i think about 6 or so, we are there all day and i may as well help the club in this way just a new idea not every saturday before the event just some.

Fair enough. I will be joining the club as soon as forms and whathaveyou are available.

to be honest there is no right or wrong in this .. i couldnt care lol but the way i see it ..... i ride trials because its fun and part of trials is learning stuff. This forum becomes more negative by the day.

now that is correct! and it can be the crossing of personalities and opinions, but the thing is no one can let something lie or pass, someone has to go back for more, i have done it in the past, but if i put my opinion and someone doesnt like it and bites back,i will try "EXPLAIN" my opinion so that people will see where im coming from, as from a trade and retail point of view i know alot and would like to thik that the advice i can give would be "Fair" ish, yes i ride for koxx and will advise some people to ride that brand of bike, but that is in my own personal interest. but when it comes to general bike info i know quite alot. but some people will read things out of magazines and hear crap that there mates talking about and think thats all fact when its not.

but this topic has alot of differences,some people think dan is taking advantage of earning money out of something that EVERYONE else can do for free. when you cant, it takes alot of commitment to help or train someone/some people. and like others will have their own personal opinions on the matter but i think it can be things like this where the argueing shouldnt start as its a "TRIALS" community with other disiplined riders on here too, so we should share and take each others opinions weather we like them or not.

Waynio...............................

ok so have a read... You go to the halifax for a loan. They give you a newspaper and a coffee, they kiss your arse for a while and they take you into the posh loan room to make you feel special.

You give them 38611 details about yourself and then you come to the occupation field...

IF you are a professional rider, you will input your occupation as a proffesional athlete.

This is because your MAIN source of income is as a direct result of you riding your bicycle. You are on an income from a single company or several companies.

I on the other hand, can go to america all paid for by a shop that i ride for, they can pay me into a contest, which i enter "pro", and i ride and win. But then i go to Halifax and they ask me my occupation. Am i a professional athlete??? NO i am a really good rider who enters the top category and wins, with great help from people, But i still pay the bills by another means (shop work, Policeman, prostitute, BT engineer, binman, whatever)

A "pro" isn't someone at the top of the game. A "pro" is someone who earns their living directly from riding their bike.

Danny, i don't have a clue where your money comes from, who you ride for or anything about you. This isn't to say one way or the other aboutyou. But for others who hadn't thought about it in this way.

john

the whole point of riding to some people is to learn, ie. craig lee scott doesnt ride to become world champion, he rides because he wants to learn. whats the point in starting trials if you got on a bike and could sidehop 53 inch! (i am sure alot of people would like that, but i sure as hell wouldn't) learning is the best bit, learning to backhop. learning to sidehop, not making it for hours then eventually getting it and the feeling of achievement is fantastic.

Totally agree on that (Y)

Else, the single aim of becoming champion could wear you down. But understanding new ways, new techniques and trying them out on the next ride is really a big thrill... then having someone to tell you how to improve is great (it puts you on the good tracks but won't help you go to 53 inch in one go, 'cause you need a lot of fine tuning, so don't worry about missing on the learning experience :D ).

Some days, by really looking and filming, I understood techniques that my mates were using but were not able to share because it was too obvious to them. Then, only by asking them if what they were doing was what I thought, they could just confirm or say otherwise, and from then on, I knew what to practise, etc... So even riding with better riders won't give you all their tricks if they don't know or don't take the time to explain. B)

That's why I am putting in writing (on my website) a lot of observations, even some trivial ones for non-beginners, that helped me improve or learn trials. It's only guidance, because then, you can have so many style at it and it makes it so much more interesting ;) .

Jesus christ people, does it really matter. Yes you can learn loads at a big ride. Yes you will learn loads paying Danny to teach you. Does it really matter that much.

Yes, trials is small, maybe charging isn't the best way, but it's a way. If he chooses to do it that way, so let him.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but for the love of god, some people need to learn how to communicate them properly. An opinion is given in such a way that it leaves the reader to make their mind up about it themselves, not force the opinion upon them.