My 4ghz Pc Specs

Wright Pads

IPB Image

IPB Image

Specs are :-

P4e (prescott) 3.2Ghz@ 4GHZ, 1GB OCZ PC3200 Plantinum v1.1(rev2), Asus P4CE-Delux fully volt modded, 120gb Seagate Barracuda , Powercolor ATI X850 XT PE all volt mods and oc'd, Aska ultra quite 120mm> XP-120 lapped, AS5, 38c idel 42c load.

I had the system under torture test for 27 hours running dual prime so 100% load as my chip is kinda dual core but not true dual core..has std chip and HT and Ht is kinda like an extra chip...hard to explaine. I know the pics don't show the run time on both incertances of prime runinng for that long but thats as i didn't take any screenies as i was too tired to at the time.

It's currently under air cooling but will be under water soon and i should hit 4.2ghz a full 1ghz overclock, something more heard of by the phase boys as to air or water.

Bords has all the volt mods going, Vdropp, Vdim and Vagp, most stable bord you can get out of the box but withthe mods even more stable, there set to be ether on or off and are adjutable too. All have a extra point on them so i can test and check voltages.

This system kicks at video encoding and cd ripping or burning. Ripped a cd in less than 30 seconds. The 1ghz (1000mhz) FSB helps as P4 love them.

There you go fokes.

Pete

It's fast as hell, beat any amd system you go buy form any pc shop other than highly spechalist ones.

Cost me under £300 but i know people and the bits were 2nd hand. I did the mods to my mobo and am doing one to the cpu soon,m well 2 i think.

Fast, well why not, better gaming is one!

We gonna do your sidehop, 2.6ghz i think might be good see if we can hit magic 3ghz on yours.

Pete

We gonna do your sidehop, 2.6ghz i think might be good see if we can hit magic 3ghz on yours.

Pete

Yup, should hopefully do mine this W/E.

u shud be spendin, more time riding than geeking it up. but rather nice specs, i prefer amd better though

So we can't do anything else apart from ride?

Shut up. (Y)

your such a bitch yes his pc is better than yours deal with it (N)

Hahahhahaha.

I don't care. I have a Mac. I prefer them. So actually anything on Windows it a major turn off for me ;)^_^

His computer seems fast from what I can decipher from the stats, but He said he sold it. What happened to it.

That's all. No need for what you put Luke. Totally uncalled for.

Edit: And Pete Wright was put into NMC for a reason. He was lying about loads of stuff, and f**ked people about with deals etc. So he's not particularly trust worth, furthermore I don't know him, only his reputaion, so there's no reason why it would be stupid of me to doubt what he put.

Edited by Nick Carter

IPB Image

Thats me at hallowen with my scary mask and showing my surport for DJ.

By the way CPUz is a program and you can take screenies of it and edit then on to others. I only have paint on my system no other photo program.

It was my somah/dothane setup that i didn't post up and sold, one with a TB of data stroage.

Just been asked to run 3Dmark03 for someone so i'll post it up but i'll be running it with my ATI radeon 9600XT GFx as i'm gonna fit some new mods to my X850 Xt PE card so my score will drop loads, i get 11.5k with my X850 XT Pe.

Mac are now going to be running Windows mate so don't hold you breath too much, they also have overclocking potenishal and you can overclock a IBM or CCSL cpu mac, i done it was fun.

Nick - care to meet for a pint to chnage your mind a few issues you've listed. Catch me via msn if you feel up toa free beer.

You can't really go worng overcloking other than high temps, it wont load windows if done wrong and most have a thermal cutt off so when to hot shuts down, 70/130c. overclocking aint easy or hard but it's anyoing. You have to go up in steps unless you know really what you doing, ie: this is a new cpu so i went up in 5mhz steps, stock it's 200mhz and now im 250mhz so lots of 5mhz steps but when i fitted it in my new bord i went for 235 and then 245 and then 250.

sidehop you found out what to do for it? I aint all that sure on amd 64 stuff, my X2 my mate did but i didn't like it so she went out, umm 4ghz on yours be cool with my phase unit heheheh

Edited by Wright Pads

4Ghz pah

Try 6Ghz http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?si...8&tid=164&tid=1 :P

Just been asked to run 3Dmark03 for someone so i'll post it up but i'll be running it with my ATI radeon 9600XT GFx as i'm gonna fit some new mods to my X850 Xt PE card so my score will drop loads, i get 11.5k with my X850 XT Pe.

I get 11005 3dmark03 points pete with my old 2.2Ghz athlon xp and my 6800LE :P

Meh, not bad for a P4

I'm just pissed off my nf3 based motherboard won't get to 330MHz fsb, else my opteron 144 (has hit 3 GHz stable in an nf4 board) would really kick that time into touch, should be good for sub 30 secs. As it is, it still beats it by a clear couple of seconds even at 2.66GHz :), thats with my pc in day to day spec, none of this stripped out windows benchmark only shite. I've got it down to 33secs in the past, on a fresh windows install, i want to get an nf4 based motherboard, but that would need a new graphics card as my current ones agp and i cant afford that at the moment. Temps are at 33-35 idle and 39 tops under sustained load, and its fully stable under torture test.

Quick spec: AMD opteron 144 socket 939, XP120 with 120mm akasa amber fan auto throttled to 775rpm by speedfan, 1GB crucial ballistix PC4000 RAM, Epox 9nda3+ mobo, 6800LE, eneram liberty 400W psu, seagate 7200.7 160GB HD, NEC 16x DVD Burner.

Heres a cropped screenie as the original pic is huge.

[attachmentid=2642]

Oh and before anyone says, whats the point, i'm doing a mechanical engineering degree and use a lot of CAD/CAM applications which take time to iterate solutions so i need a rapid pc to solve them in a reasonable amount of time.

And Pete, 11.5K in 3dmark03 is well on the low side for a stock X850XTPE let alone an overclocked one!! My overclocked and unlocked 6800LE got 11K with my old athlon XP-m chip!!

Compare link

post-35-1138308978_thumb.jpg

42c under dual prime load 100% cpu use

Sorry i checked and it's 3dmark05 i use not 03, i just re-ran the test and i get dead on 11.5k.

Tried flashing you bios....be warrned it could kill the bord!

Nah it aint, no ware near it. It's two dual-core 2.5GHz PowerPC G5 processors so only 5ghz kinda, 1.25GHz frontside bus per processor, so thats kinda 2.5ghz FSB but not really, and 512MB memory.

Mine stil lkicks ass, 1 ghz fsb, 1gb of memory and mine has 1MB L2 catch same as there cpu's.

The OS is differnt meaning it laods faster and is slightly more stable but i've a cracked modded version of windows which is better than the latest XP pro out which makes her more stable

Ln2 is cheating and is -200c as to air being 25/30c. My phase does -70@ the evap head and under load on my x2 at 3.5 was -41c.

Thats nothing, 7Ghz P4 32m Superi Stable

IPB Image

yeah i've tried flashing the bios, the board just isnt capable of anything more than 295MHz fsb, most nf3 chipsets are the same, there arent many that go any higher, the dfi lanparty being one of the exceptions, might have to see about getting me one of them :)

nah there arent unfortunately, its something to do with some of the componants that are better quality/faster on the dfi etc boards, so nothing can really be done about it.

As for your score in 3dmark05, have you got a compare? as thats faster than a pair of X850XT's in crossfire together :o

Mac are now going to be running Windows mate so don't hold you breath too much, they also have overclocking potenishal and you can overclock a IBM or CCSL cpu mac, i done it was fun.

Nick - care to meet for a pint to chnage your mind a few issues you've listed. Catch me via msn if you feel up toa free beer.

Excuse me?

Apple computers running Windows as standard from the box? That isn't going to happen. If that's what you mean anyway! Apple Mac computers can run windows with Virtual PC but I'm not sure what people are going to do now they've changed to Intel.

Anyway. You live in Bristol. May go out for a drink when I drive down next holidays to see sidehop, that's if the Nick was for me...

Yeah. I'm not really into the PC spec and overclocking and stuff, but from what you've shown and other people's reactions you've done well for the computer. Now you should try hydrogen cool it :P

Edited by Nick Carter