Improvement

gu_20

Well when i first started riding i was on a "mission prodigy" and did not learn much, After that i decided to do comp (ebtc) and then i decided to buy a "megamo expert" Because of the change of geo and weight i started to be able to do the basics e.g backhop, powerwheelie and pivits.

One birthday i got a t-pro and then i started to rapidly improve, but i no longer have the t-pro any more due to cracking the frame, I then brought a monty ti221 and i didnt really get on with it so i then got enuff money and brought a gu typhoon 20" And as mc donalds would say "im loving it".

So what bike did you improve on the most! ??

Yer, I started out on a Modified Marin XC bike, then I moved to a trials frame and it all moved along nicely in terms of more height and back wheel work.

Like I keep saying in other posts, I'm genuinly surprised at the amount of fuss people throw at diff trials frames. Ryan Leech rides a dirt jumpers bike, and rides fine. Its your talent, not the bike.

You'd be surprised what a dedicated person can achieve with poor tools.

I went from a mission to a onza t raptor to koxx trick then to woodman t-por then ashton mod then to koxx leval boss then to gu typooo then the zoo python then monty 221 ti.

mission =best bike ever

onza raptor=shit

koxx trick =ace

woodman t-pro =ok

ashton =SHIT

koxx lb =ok

gu = the biggest piece of SHIT ever

zoo= nice

monty =100% ace.

Yer, I started out on a Modified Marin XC bike, then I moved to a trials frame and it all moved along nicely in terms of more height and back wheel work.

Like I keep saying in other posts, I'm genuinly surprised at the amount of fuss people throw at diff trials frames. Ryan Leech rides a dirt jumpers bike, and rides fine. Its your talent, not the bike.

You'd be surprised what a dedicated person can achieve with poor tools.

He rides a dirt jump frame! why? that makes no sense.

I started out on a modified Giant XC bike, 14" frame.

Then I moved on to a mission trials pro, 14" again, but more trials specific with regard to componentry, if not geometry.

Then I stopped for 4 years, and got a new monty.

When I rode four years ago I could never do correctional hops, the first time I got on the monty once I had it all built up I could, since then i've got much, much better again.

He rides a dirt jump frame! why? that makes no sense.

he doesnt really ride a dirt jump frame, he rides a bike specced to point were you would think he rides a dirt jump bike as it has the parts associated with dirt jumping, sort of ^_^

eg: suspension (even though he rides marzochhi* xc bombers at 80mm)

a seat on a 26" (not commonly found on 26" trials bikes nowadays)

shortish risers on a 26" (again not found often on 26" bikes of today)

and the frame geometry* is not 40mm+ bb rise , 8" seatube or 1070+ wheel base

his frame could be classed as a "mountain" bike possibly mistaken for a dirt frame but not a modern day trials frame.

thats just it "modern", times change the norco moment frame (ryan leech) is edging on 3-4 years now ? right !? so if your new to the sport the frame may seem out of place.

hats off to ryan leech personally :closedeyes:^_^

oh and i love my black mumba, its brilliant i think the length + the engaments on my profile make it what it is :)

and before that i rode an onza t-mag complety standard for near to a year and it got me far but my BM is defo an improvement (Y)

Edited by jersey rider

Well my first bike was a Da Bomb and I learnt all the basics and got quite good on it, as i didnt really care how much abuse i threw at it cos there soooo strong!!

They I got a Onza T-pro (Koxx Version) and I imporved quite alot... Sidehops and bunnyhops improved and my style and technique started to shine...

Sold then T-pro and was riding and 04 Monty Ti... was second hand and been Re-welded up. I improved so much on this as it was flickable, light and easy to throw around. I totally battered this frame and by the end i was riding it with only 1 chainstay attached as the total drive side was hanging on!!

Then i got a Echo Team, which i have know, and i got Fairly good on it! Sidehops Improved quite alot with me buring out 44inch sidehops and the same in bunnyhops...

I stopped riding for 4/5 Months and know im back on the bike... But know im utter CRAP :)

Are well i'll get it back :)

Craig

my saracen was my first trials bike which i lernt all trials basics on but a year or so before that i had a mongoose motivator with was alliminuim and about a KG light lol gave me huge balls and plently of pain, had to bring a 6 foot lead pipe on rides to bend my cranks back into place ah good times!!

I started out on a Trek 4500 (18" XC) and learnt the basics (backhop, sidehop, lurch) on there before moving to an Onza T-Raptor then finally a Revell Stock. I would say that I learned the most on my Trek, when I got the Onza it was pretty much just building on what I'd already learned. However I reckon I improved more when I got the Onza as it was easier to ride.

In terms of modifications for XC frames, I didn't make an awful lot as I was only really learning the basics there. What I did do was remove/put seat all the way down so it's out of the way and got some fatter tyres which I ran at a lower pressure than normal. I didn't bother with a bashring as I wasn't really doing anything which would damage my chainrings if it went badly wrong.

Edited by Village Idiot

I did most of my improvment on my ti global frame.... I had already been riding for years, but when I rode that bike my comp results went up.

the year I was on that bike I got:

3rd porthcawl trophy master catt (beaten olny by two world champs!)

4th tech 04 masters

british champ overall (winning all rounds!)

thats the best year of results I have had.

hey folks.....

i started off with the WRONG kind of trials bike, a ruddy club roost stinger! heavy!

then bought a onza t-raptor, rode it for abt 2 years then now got a revell off cdtrialsport.

i have progressed quite well on the revell as its lighter, more flickable etc.....

problems on the onza was big, cos of the weight and bad geometry!

Pat