Crank Bolts Coming Loose

wardie

i used to get this all time its really annoying i know. clean all your contact areas on your crank internals and your bottom bracket, clean the threads on you bottom bracket and crank bolts just make sure they're free all the grimey black stuff. buy some really strong loctite which you can borrow from your local garage im sure, put it on your bolt then do it up mega tight but of course mind you dont thread your bottom bracket or snap the head of your bolt! NOT GOOD! leave it for about an hour or so and just pray it works lol.

i used to get this all time its really annoying i know. clean all your contact areas on your crank internals and your bottom bracket, clean the threads on you bottom bracket and crank bolts just make sure they're free all the grimey black stuff. buy some really strong loctite which you can borrow from your local garage im sure, put it on your bolt then do it up mega tight but of course mind you dont thread your bottom bracket or snap the head of your bolt! NOT GOOD! leave it for about an hour or so and just pray it works lol.

Yeah, deffinately agree, getting the threads clean is the most important part, use solvent cleaner / degreaser / white spirit / meths / even diesel or petrol, and a tothbrush.

You can also get different strength loctite if you're going to use it, I'd say use the weakest one that holds.

Alun

Hello sam,

Hows it going?

Well, what i do is, take bolt out wack a bit of grease on thread, and do it up as tight as you can, then top tip: Stand on allen key, use your weight, it does them up super tight with out having to use any thing else.

hope this helped

cheers wilky

cheers tom but ive tried ths before with one of the mega long allen keys and it really didint work, good idea though. im going to try my idea on an old bb and see if i can still get it undone if i really need to because thats the only method i havnt tried yet.

sam