Im Buyin My New Zona Zip Tonight

RR_Trials

Im realy scared about buying my new frame i also need to buy a new headset as the one it needs is external. Im scared because i dont know if it will ride well please can somone help me i have never brought a new frame before. Please can someone tell me the cheapest headset that WILL fit the zona zip frame im on a meger tight budget.

please someone help me '* he says nervously *' :-

oooo sorry i for got to say will i be able to put my onza T-bird bashguard on it? because i cant afford a new one please dont laught

Seriously, they're aaaaaaaaaall good. I really, really love my Zip frame, it's just the best to ride.

Buy the f**ker :P

But yeah, headsets wise anything will fit. Probably the best would be the FSA Pig for aaaaaaaaround £10 or so. Just go to "Headsets" on www.chainreactioncycles.com and pick whichever one is within your price range.

'fraid not about the bashplate :(

not sure about the bash guard but this headset will fit

linky

i've been running mine for just over a year, with lots of front hops and stresses around the headtube area, with no problems. Order through Clive Leeson though and its £25 plus p+p rather than 32.

give him a ring, a letter or an email, he is a sound guy and very trust worthy

Tel: 01933 314285

Post: Leesonbikes, 48 Gypsy Lane, Irchester, Northants, NN29 7DL

Email: leesonbikes@tesco.net

EDIT: best to ring though as he tends not to reply to emails.

Edited by ash-kennard

yes.

here is a message from a mate in newmembers who owns one:

Well, i would say that best headset would be either, fsa orbit or fsa pig, never had a problem with mine, also if you end up buying the zona bash, watch out, as it tends to bend at the front because its weak as there are holes init. But buying a zona is a great choice i have one and it rides lovely, i would also say get the widist rim you can as the brake mounts arent always nice and square,which makes it a mission to set brakes up nicley on a skinny rim. good luck hope its all goes well.

Wilky

If it is the 47mm rear rim, then yes, if its the old 42mm rim then still yes lol. but a ronnie is pushing it.

The front rim should never be a problem.

He says the onza bashplates do fit too. Definately the t-pro bash, but he ain't sure on the t-bird one.

why isn't he validated lol.

Zona Zip 20"

FREE Cane Creek C2 headset (RRP £25), Echo/VP Bottom Bracket (RRP £12) and set of Echo 4-Bolt mounts (RRP £15). The Headset and Bottom Brackets are ready fitted, saving you additional fitting costs inconvenience!

Price ours in stock (inc. VAT): £199 (Dark Grey), £229 (Brushed), plus postage. Add £15 for a Zona Bashplate if required

when ordered from tartybikes.

Edited by ash-kennard

wooooah kool okies thankyou every and yes that boy should be defenatly vallied prhaps the mods are all asleep

please could somone send me there pictures of there zona zips please i would realy apreachiate it.

Thanks, Also can someone tell me what bashguard i need that is cheap, thanks

Thanks, Also can someone tell me what bashguard i need that is cheap, thanks

Basicaly any bash will fit (aaprt from t-bird/t-vee)

Such as: Echo, Onza, Zona (of course), Monty etc.

I'd advise you get the Zip from Tartybikes, as all the hard wo0rk has been done by them for you.

So no faffing about with bottom brackets, headsets, bashplates etc.

(Y)

What bike do you have at the moment?

Koxx rim does fit fine, but its a tight squeeze. This means that the brake is really sharp though (Y) Also Im sure if you email supercycles you can ask them to fit the bash plate for you, and they shouldn't charge you extra for it... :-

Hey dude,

The Zips are surprisingly good for street. They sit into manuals really well, and they're actually quite nice for bunnyhops once you adjust to the bike. They are really good though :) Good for spins too, can 360 bunnyhop mine and do rolling 180 bunnyhop gaps over stuff 'n' all...

My e-mail address is in my card over there <- so just add me if you want :)

Mark