Tar!

montyrider

Hi you about 2weeks ago i was riding and met some kid called max n we went for a bit of a ride as you do...

then he gave me some tar to try out on my rims, IT WAS WICKED. but unfortunately i've lost it :angry:

he said he got free from some guy on here called JT i think. so if he's out their in the trials forum world cud i get in contact wit him or u please.

Little thing about tar i found today, if your rims arent ground, find a hill, tar up your rims then go down it with the pad almost locking (you still need to go at a decent pace) so slightly clamping the rim, after a bit it will stop squeeking, stop with your other brake! and then look at the rim the whole thing gets a big black line all round it and the tar is super evenly spread, you need to be carefull you don't lock your brake or you will be seriously fooked!

Im goin 2 whityby (where JT lives) on the 5th of feb, so I could get loads and dish it out like JT did???

cool cool, mate that'd b helpful i sent JT an e-mail just now so if can me some sooner then of course i'll have it from him but if not then that'd be really helpful.

(Y)

cool cool, mate that'd b helpful i sent JT an e-mail just now so if can me some sooner then of course i'll have it from him but if not then that'd be really helpful.

(Y)

Yeah sure no problem, a bit off topic but, does the guy who has there name as "chis holm " ride a unicycle, ained at him but does't sound like it :S , just wondered because if you didn't know there is a "pro" unicyclist who is called chris holm??

no need to grind ur rim mate, tar is good but only really in dry weather and if u enter in comps n stuff then probably best not to use it if its raining, but otherwise use tar (Y) works for me, i very rarely use it though because my brakes work well enough

Yeah tar is a summer thing, use it when you can but a grind and good pads work just as good (if not better)

Mike!!!

as long as you know how to apply tar properly then your brake wont f**k up

Agreed.

Also haveing some decent pads that arn't 'grind oriented' helps aswell. I'd say don't knock it untill you've tried it. I'v tried both and my grind made my pads just slide over the rim.

Reaplied to your mail. (Y)