Onza T-mag 2005

Hey, i ride a 05 t-mag spec2, and im in love!

I find it really nice to ride, and feel right at home on it.

But then again it's my first decent bike (I started on a Base t20).

What I have noticed, and alot of people tell me too, is that it does feel slightly larger up front, which I must say I got used to very quickly, and I now find it more comfortable.

Only problembs I've had are

1) I managed to crossthread the titanium bolts that come with the RB booster into the maggy mounts :$

2) The chain seems REALLY close to the frame, just where the seatstay comes from the dropouts, and Ive discovered it has been digging into the frame abit >_<

3) The ACS freewheel that came with the bike was absolute w@nk and lasted only a few hours of riding (it was first time i came across this problem so i had no idea what to do, didnt even think about tightening it, just assumed it was broken!!) and managed to go through about 5 of them in 6 weeks, some outlasting others. I had my dad 'borrow' me some RAF (military approved) loctite from his work, which lasted a while, but eventually came loose. I then had my local garage weld one for me, still going strong (Y)

4) Oh yeah, and having so many new freewheels, i had to obviously, take the old ones off, which was hell!! I think it was Supercycles that sent me a free tool with their replacement ACS, which didnt fit, so I had to get my old man to make a tool, with a huge lever, about a meter, no shit, and I turned while he pressed it down into the freewheel!!

The last one I took off was the worst, and even with copperslip (anti seize grease) on the thread before it was put on, it just wouldn't budge!! Soooo I put it in the over, then rushed it outside and did the same thing, but with gloves!! And it just about budged.

I now have a rather bling gold driveside crank!! I think its the laquer thats changed colour.

I think I might put the other one in sometime.... BLING BLING

5) Got a sweet haircut (on my shin) within 15 mins of my bike been put together, after a failed pedalspin, much to my dads amusement :angry:

But apart from this, sheas beauty, and like I said, I'm in love

Alun

(wow did I really write that much?!~)

What I have noticed, and alot of people tell me too, is that it does feel slightly larger up front, which I must say I got used to very quickly, and I now find it more comfortable.

1) I managed to crossthread the titanium bolts that come with the RB booster into the maggy mounts :$

2) The chain seems REALLY close to the frame, just where the seatstay comes from the dropouts, and Ive discovered it has been digging into the frame abit >_<

3) The ACS freewheel that came with the bike was absolute w@nk and lasted only a few hours of riding (it was first time i came across this problem so i had no idea what to do, didnt even think about tightening it, just assumed it was broken!!) and managed to go through about 5 of them in 6 weeks, some outlasting others. I had my dad 'borrow' me some RAF (military approved) loctite from his work, which lasted a while, but eventually came loose. I then had my local garage weld one for me, still going strong (Y)

4) Oh yeah, and having so many new freewheels, i had to obviously, take the old ones off, which was hell!! I think it was Supercycles that sent me a free tool with their replacement ACS, which didnt fit, so I had to get my old man to make a tool, with a huge lever, about a meter, no shit, and I turned while he pressed it down into the freewheel!!

The last one I took off was the worst, and even with copperslip (anti seize grease) on the thread before it was put on, it just wouldn't budge!! Soooo I put it in the over, then rushed it outside and did the same thing, but with gloves!! And it just about budged.

I now have a rather bling gold driveside crank!! I think its the laquer thats changed colour.

5) Got a sweet haircut (on my shin) within 15 mins of my bike been put together, after a failed pedalspin, much to my dads amusement :angry:

Alun

How is mashing your shin up your bikes fault?

Edited by Dr Greenthumb

I've got a nice spec'd one, check in the bike pics thread for pics..

T-Mag frame

Echo Easy forks

Hope mini 185

Hog on disk hub

Ronnie on Chris King

Monty 221 ti bar & steam

Monty cranks

KMC kool chain

Echo 18t fixed cog

04 Magura - Rb Booster

Rides alright I s'pose, but I prefer others :)

Mat

I don't Have one myself but my friends is a good spec and i find it very easy for wheelswapping and sidehopping, only bad point i've come accross is that the front bashplate mount has snapped, Easily re-welded though!

hope i helped, Jay

Edited by Zipper

Alun

HAHA!! what a noob......not that i did it either :$lol

Had my t - mag for a while now...they are really sweet bikes...but my friend has a zoo python and it will obviously lack in comparison to it, but when i go on it i can't help thinking that the t mag is holding me back. Although to be fair if your just starting out 'twill serve you well for a while!! (Y):)

Edited by TrialsLord

Haven't had mine long. Had tons of problems in terms of getting bits from my old Monty X-Lite 01 to fit the T-mag so had to get my wheels built up and such and such. But now its all complete its well nice. Feels really nice but only concern is that the front feels a bit too low for me but thats probably my bar and stem set up so think a new set of each is required on payday (Y) Overall a really nice bike, just got to get used to it.