Zona Or Gu

onza t-stu

Right, iv been rididng for ages now and think its time for a new frame. Im about 6'. I was just wondering which frame to get, out of the Zona Zip and the GU typhoon. Weather its worth paying the extra for the GU or if the ZONA is just a bargain? Thanks guys for any help you give :)

lol hullo stu, i think you should get a zip personally, but because you want something different from everyone else the zonas been taken LOL :P hense the frame selling :D Seriously though i think youll benefit from gettin the zip as u will have money over to improve your spec EVEN MORE!

Jay

Hi Mate,

Get the zona, i have it and its a lovely frame well worth the money, also the zona has a bash which makes it better for mod rides (Y), the frame is super strong. I havent had any problems with mine yet, iam sure i not going to any time soon.

But dont mean to put you off, but there are a few MINOR problems.

1) the brake mounts arent always square, so it makes it hard to set brake up on a skinny rim ( ronnie ), i have changed to a "Hog" rim which is MUCH better.

2) Also i would ask for a onza t-pro bash plate as the zona 1 is a bit weak at the front were the holes are.

But they are only little problems

The frame is very nice on the back wheel and iam sure you will improve rapidly on it.

Hope to see pics soon

Good luck

Hope its all goes well, and hope advise was helpful

cheers

wilky

r u all mad i have bin riding the 05 t-pro for about two months and had 2 make this decision but i went for the gu it may cost more but the outcome is amazing!!

r u all mad i have bin riding the 05 t-pro for about two months and had 2 make this decision but i went for the gu it may cost more but the outcome is amazing!!

The back end of the GU and the Zona is almost identically geometry wise, so it's really up to you how long you want the front end to be. The Zona's wheelbase works out as 1045mm compared to the GU Long's 1035mm, but because the rear triangle is the same that's basically all down to how long the cockpits are. I'm 6'2", so I've gone for the Zip and I'm really pleased I did. The geometry is spot on, and it's basically the nicest feeling trials bike I've ever ridden. Feels a hell of a lot more lively than the Pythons 'cos of the shorter stays, and it's just great fun to ride.

Seeing as there seems to be deals galore on with the Zip from Tarty and Supercycles, I'd go for one of them really unless you're pretty short, in which case either the GU short or the GU long might be a better idea. Saying that though, I know someone on here who's pretty dinky got the Zip and gets on with it fine...

ive got a gu long and its improved my confidence and l like to think my rideing as well but up to u personally ive never rode a zona and havent heard anything bad about them nor have i about gu. just try and find someone and have a go on one. not sure about zona but gu has high bb so jst try a bike with high bb see if you like it or not as not everyone likes the same thing. hope could help.