Upcoming Next Trials Personalites

Revell-Bikes

i can see James Porter and Waynio staring in Bi-king 2, Revenge of the wankered mech hanger. and having shitty catch phrases about northern-monkey-ness and ginger-no one likes you-ness

LMAO!!!! that made me laugh so much matt!!!!^^^^^^

i'm actually crying right now.

gingers are misread, we mean no harm, we're all just looking for acceptance. and we want to befoul your daughters with out ginger seed. mwa

thats saddening :( but i think gingers are kool and special, you ask porter (Y) he loves me, and i love him.

its all good. like the lad above said i think it will stick with "26" riders being someone that stands out more, i dont know why, but its just how a 26" bike has come along sooooooooo far, literally from people doing "Stunts" on a MTB is just awsum!!!!

Waynio.......................

i could see that. he's a really inventive rider. really cool to watch. dont know what he's like to talk to, what his sence of humors like though.

The Martins have very weird sense of humour from what i have seen of them as well though........he is a good lad, very quiet but once you start speaking to him he breaks out lol.

Nah sound lad, and would make a good role model (Y)

I think trials might need a little more coverage for the next trials personality to appear. Maybe more coverage of the National Events with a league table in MBUK and just things to create more hype.

Or every year have ALL the British masters riders going to the bike show, format a speed trials comp ultra tech course (for slow riding) to try and get the audience into it picking favourite riders etc.

But I'd love to see anyone mentioned here being the next trials personality.

The guys that will make it are not the one big trick rider, or the 5 minute wonder who appears in a magazine once and then you never hear of him again... The reason the two Martins are still being talked about after so many years is that they put in a lot of work and effort and also give something back to the sport...

I was motorcycle trials riding with Hawzie last weekend and he is a top bloke... He came down from a Demo ride the afternoon before up north to join us at a practice area in Gloucester for a play. We just had a laugh and he showed me how crap a trials rider i am :D ... but his enthusiam has made this 40 year old want to get a cycle trials bike again, just so that i can keep fit and practice my balance and hopping around for the motorcycle stuff. He didn't try and talk me into droping off a house or doing 360's over a park bench... just good old fashioned trials techniques from the real world.

The names of Martin, Martyn, Hans Ray etc will live longer because of their efforts, not only because they were at the forefront of the developement of cycle trials in this country but because they put in a lot of effort and enjoyed themselves whilst making a small living wage from a Sport.

Here is Hawzie last week...

IPB Image