Windows X64

Siders77

Hey guys.

I was just having a look around the Overclockers site and saw that the x64 Windows is out. Now I have an AMD 64 CPU it got me thinking.

Is it really worth buying it or will I have lots of problems with the drivers and stuff?

Now because Microsoft were totally and utterly useless on the phone I had no other choice but to get a *cough*cracked*cough* version of XP after spending all of my hard earned monies on my PC. :(

I've had a little search but couldn't really find much about it. So is it worth it?

Cheers. :)

Well i posted this on a computer forum a while ago, i was told its not worth it yet as you will have problems with drivers, yet some people say they managed to get all the drivers they needed. Depends on what hardware you have really on wether they have made drivers for there hardware yet, quite a few havent. Have a look around on some of your hardwares site to see if they have x64 drivers. I do have a copy of xp x64, but i went back to normal xp!

There seems to be a overwhelming amount of drivers availble for everything, does anyone know if its possible to run 32 bit applications on it? Im pretty sure it is, but people who I work with say it isnt :huh: Ive run ubuntu 64 for long enough and found all the drivers for that ok( and ran 32 bit apps), havent got that many programs on the ubuntu box though.

There seems to be a overwhelming amount of drivers availble for everything, does anyone know if its possible to run 32 bit applications on it? Im pretty sure it is, but people who I work with say it isnt :huh: Ive run ubuntu 64 for long enough and found all the drivers for that ok( and ran 32 bit apps), havent got that many programs on the ubuntu box though.

Yea, you can run 32 bit apps on it, as thats what the two Internet explorers are for, one 32 bit and the one is 64 bit. But seriously, getting drivers for it can be hard with some hardware, talk to tank_rider, i think its him that installed XP x64. (Y)