Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

Right! just thought i'd do this, its been suggested a few times but no ones bothered!

Lets get all you VW guys out of the mini thread for a start :P . Also there have been a few diff Vebub threads around, so should keep chit chat tidier.

Last reason- off to pick up my new daily driver tommorrow :D . Mk2 1.6 Golf driver (Y)

IPB Image

P.s. Admins- any chance of stickying this and the mini threads?

Edited by nmt_oli

Missed this :-

Heres my little polo

IPB Image

Ive got some BBS G40 wheels to go on it but I want to get them refurbished first and im thinking about them getting powdercoated black, theres a few marks on the drivers door and the right wing which il probaly get a new door and get it sprayed and the same with the boot as its got indentations in it :S not sure how they got there. Im also looking out for some decent interior for it as my GT seats are just worn and horrible but apart from all that I love it :)

EDIT: That golf looks pretty tidy aswell (Y)

Edited by pinky@shitbmx

Haha! nice one nick!

Nick- im not disowning the mini i just need a reliable daily driver and this is a damn good deal- and much better than a broken pug 205. I don't have the money or the no claims to mod the golf- its a 1.6, so its staying standard. only things im likely to do are relay the headlights so i can run brighter bulbs, and maybe replace suspension bushses and such things that are likely to be worn on an 18 year old car.

Looks like a good'un oli, nice work. I'd 100% recommend one of those looms, i've got one on my golf and the lights are unbelievable now!!!

Here's a few recent snaps of my golf. Having problems with my motorbike carb set-up so will be trying to sort a more permanent solution with them soon. I'm definitely keeping them on though, the noise and power is amazing for a 1043cc...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

On another note - I just won an auction for this but the reserve wasn't met. Hoping he'll get back to me and we'll come to some agreement...

Polo GT

James

Love your work fella - much needed thread

MkII

IPB Image

Full recent rebuild

TSR conversion

Koni adjustables

Vibratech engine mounts

Big reds on the front (porsche brakes)

quickshift kit

Quick Rack (no powersteering here)

Ronal turbo's (not fitted yet)

70k and one owner!

For sale if anyone wants it - around the £1300 mark

MkIII

IPB Image

Needs a clean but its one of the last colour concepts. 60k and full heated leather. That said I sold it last weekend so it doesn't count

Is it VW only or can we include other VAG stuff (I've just got an A4 avant turbo)?

Polo :turned:

if i could afford the insurance i'd have that mk2 gti in a second. :(

hahahaha

thats awesome

are you being funny? or do you genuinely not realise its a polo?

Hahaha whoops! :$ It looks like one but I just realised that the Golfs have a longer back end. Haha what a bell :$

EDIT: And I don't even like Polos. I thought because it was so nice it had to be a Golf. :P

Edited by Siders77

Out of interest why? Dont you like being able to see through your windscreen?

getting them removed and the holes left smoothed over. going to move the washer jets to the scuttle pannel so they'll be hidden under the bonnet. so they'll still be there to use. but the bonnet will be all smooth to look at ;)

I reckon it's a 1.8t 225 which has been turbo'd top buggery running about 380bhp???? 14 sec 1/4 mile 5.5 -60?

heh, 380bhp would be alot faster than 14 sec 1/4 :)

1.8t for sure. ~14.2-.5 on street tires, 13.8-9 on slicks. I used to be way into it, back in 2000-2002 when I first had it. never interested in aesthetics, its all silver and sleeper style and if you know the cars you will notice it is different...just in the front is oettinger grill, euro rub strip, painted valence and no amber lights (in america they come with horrible big yellow rub strips). Clean as possible- but then.....

I got a motorcycle and everything changed- cars didn't seem fast or fun anymore.

I have a friend who just got the ralleye edition mk2 gti (its from europe) shell and he is putting a 1.8t in it. His old mk4 had 450bhp back in 2001, the guy is totatlly nuts.