The Good Old Days

shucksmith1

What about Norway?

lmao, completely fecking random.

I did mean lego :) It is the toy of the world. I have got to buy my nephew some, then I can be a control freak and play with it myself.

Seen all the boring kits you get now though, like Captain Whoever and his amazing Death Ship with lasers on it...all in a ready made kit, whats the point? Lego is about being creative and actually using the amazing imagination that little kids have...but...who wants to be creative when you have a Death Ship?

Lego's awfully priced aswell now, it costs about 30 quid for a fiddly car or something that lights up, make your own!!! I made countless different things back in the day. I used to make boats that were like 3 foot long then put them in the bath. Inevitably they sank but that was the fun part :P I used to watch thunderbirds aswell, I got the Tracey Island play-thing for Christmas, the show was amazing compared to the film they brought out last year (N)

I've had to fight off countless urges to build something. (For him obviously :- )

Haha that's spot on. Lego was awesome, i used to spend hours playing with it, and playmobile and Brio.

I always wanted one of those mini jeep's with the electric motor... I never got one :(

Lego's awfully priced aswell now, it costs about 30 quid for a fiddly car or something that lights up, make your own!!! I made countless different things back in the day. I used to make boats that were like 3 foot long then put them in the bath. Inevitably they sank but that was the fun part :P I used to watch thunderbirds aswell, I got the Tracey Island play-thing for Christmas, the show was amazing compared to the film they brought out last year (N)

Thunderbirds, haha! i built my own tracey island! Good 'ole Blue peter! watched it everyday. Recorded them and played them as i built it!

From Lee

At last an old times topic in which most people can relate to.

I especially remember yoyo's (x-brains) and pokemon cards, i remember the chump down the road from me swaped his mew for a charizard and then cried for the rest of the afternoon.

Another classic is conkers!!!!

sam

haha :lol:

i can remember the adidas poppers lol!! whenever i had football training someone would have them on, and when they slide tackled someone, you'd just hear "pop pop pop" and they'd have to butten them back up ^_^

street sharks :D i can remember watchin them all the time, and having all the figures!!

pokemon cards, still got them all in a folder in the loft lmao B)

and what about wwf, and raw!!! with that wrestler with the sock, oh my god i forgot his name :o>_<

haha :lol:

i can remember the adidas poppers lol!! whenever i had football training someone would have them on, and when they slide tackled someone, you'd just hear "pop pop pop" and they'd have to butten them back up ^_^

street sharks :D i can remember watchin them all the time, and having all the figures!!

pokemon cards, still got them all in a folder in the loft lmao B)

and what about wwf, and raw!!! with that wrestler with the sock, oh my god i forgot his name :o>_<

Was it Cactus Jack or something like that? Used to watch it religiously years ago.

THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!

JUST CAUSE YOU WERE BORN IN '91' OR '92' DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE A 90s KID.

IT'S NOT LIKE YOU COULD REMEMBER SOME OF THE ORIGINAL SIMPSONS.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A BRITISH 90s KID IF...

YOU CAN SING THE RAP TO "THE FRESH PRINCE OF BELL AIR"

YOU'VE WORN LEGGINGS AND FELT COOL.

YOU USED TO LOVE PLAYING WITH YOUR "PUPPY IN MY POCKETS"

YOU REMEMBER WHEN IT WAS ACTUALLY WORTH GETTING UP ON A SATURDAY MORNING TO WATCH LIVE & KICKING OR SM:TV.

YOU HAD A HUGE FRINGE AT SOME POINT IN YOUR CHILDHOOD.

YOU REMEMBER READING AND WATCHING "GOOSEBUMPS"

YOU TOOK PLASTIC CARTOON LUNCH BOXES TO SCHOOL.

YOU KNOW THE WORDS FROM THE SHAKEY JAKE MILKSHAKE ADVERTS

YOU REMEMBER THE CRAZE OF YO-YOS AND TAMAGOTCHI'S

YOU STILL GET THE URGE TO SAY "NOT" AFTER EVERY SENTENCE.

NOT.

YOU KNEW THAT KIMBERLY, THE PINK RANGER, AND TOMMY, THE GREEN RANGER WERE MEANT TO BE.

YOU COLLECTED POKEMON CARDS.

YOU PLAYED AND/OR COLLECTED POGS.

YOU HAD A WEIRD ALIEN THAT LIVED IN GOOEY STUFF IN A PLASTIC 'POD' AND THOUGHT IF YOU STUCK

2 BACK TO BACK THEY WOULD HAVE A BABY!

YOU WATCHED THE ORIGINAL POSTMAN PAT, FIREMAN SAM AND NINJA TURTLES.

YIKES PENCILS WERE THE BEST!-WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM?

YOU REMEMBER WHEN THE NEW BEANIE BABIES WERE ALWAYS SOLD OUT

YOU GOT YOUR MUM TO BUY 'BN' BISCUITS

YOU USED TO WEAR THOSE STICK ON EARRINGS, NOT ONLY ON YOUR EARS BUT AT THE CORNERS OF YOUR EYES.

YOU KNOW THE MACERENA BY HEART.

"TALK TO THE HAND" ENOUGH SAID.

YOU REMEMBER THE TIME BEFORE LITERACY AND NUMERACY HOUR EXISTED.

YOU THOUGHT BRAIN FROM "PINKEY AND THE BRAIN" WOULD FINALLY TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

YOU REMEMBER BUM BAGS.

YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO BE ON FUN HOUSE

YOU COLLECTED TAZOS.

2 WORDS FOR YOU 'SPICE GIRLS'

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SO MANY MEMORIES !!!

Hey man you got it almost spot on except you didnt add remembering the original xmen cartoon (Y) ,that was so cool, go go power rangers nanaanaana, teenage mutant ninja heroes die shredder. if you lived throught the times you must be really good with a yoyo and have a massive stack of pokemon cards in a box somewhere

At last an old times topic in which most people can relate to.

I especially remember yoyo's (x-brains) and pokemon cards, i remember the chump down the road from me swaped his mew for a charizard and then cried for the rest of the afternoon.

Another classic is conkers!!!!

sam

Haha you were never real hardcore yoyo fan then :P it was all about the henrys viper with the bearing hop up kit that made it go longer harder and faster lol (Y)

also THE BEST 3 SHOWS BACK IN THE DAY (Y)

Pinky and the Brain B)

Sharky and george :o

And last but not least!!!!

THE ORIGINAL POKEMON TV SERIES!!!!! Woooo

/regressing

Ben

(ill go back to my corner now lol)

10am! But I don't wake up til gone 3, ah well, I'll record it...the entire series :)

'John thought this was just another day at work, however, what happened next effected him for the rest of this life'

'well, I got up at 9am, let the dog out and went for a shit. I thought it was a bit of a strange day as I noticed there was no toilet paper, so, obviously I used my hand and then thought nothing of it'

Ahh, I do love 999, just the seriousness of it all, and you have to listen to a life story.

10am! But I don't wake up til gone 3, ah well, I'll record it...the entire series :)

'John thought this was just another day at work, however, what happened next effected him for the rest of this life'

'well, I got up at 9am, let the dog out and went for a shit. I thought it was a bit of a strange day as I noticed there was no toilet paper, so, obviously I used my hand and then thought nothing of it'

Ahh, I do love 999, just the seriousness of it all, and you have to listen to a life story.

your awake now lol, or have i been chatting to myself again?

Ben

I was a almost a teen when most of that that s#it was out..

Does any one remember the 80's B)

Amiga's 500, 500+, 600's the nes..

Transformers (when they where made of metal)

He-man

Did anyone remember the national coca-cola yo-yo comp...... i came 7th........ won a gold coca-cola yo-yo off the world champ :P

Is there anyone else over the age of 20 on the forum?? :unsure:

i'm 26

He-man rules (he-man still rules)

Amigas were never as good as the Atari - it's all in the extra 0.2 MHz

oo

musn't forget the original action man (we're starting to hit the early 80's here aren't we?)

Hey

You leg end, loads of memories, any one watched birr of Buliie on a night before bed, and old school heart beat (the cars looked modern) :P

Power rangers on SM:TV was mint :lol:

Know of any more, post em up

Good topic (Y)

Steve

Edit: GLADIATORS the best y'all, John Faschnew and Ulrika Jonnson (lycra bad boys) and the Generation game and Play your cards right !!!!

Cant beat them.

Edited by steve huddo

Haha you were never real hardcore yoyo fan then :P it was all about the henrys viper with the bearing hop up kit that made it go longer harder and faster lol (Y)

also THE BEST 3 SHOWS BACK IN THE DAY (Y)

Pinky and the Brain B)

Sharky and george :o

And last but not least!!!!

THE ORIGINAL POKEMON TV SERIES!!!!! Woooo

/regressing

Ben

(ill go back to my corner now lol)

Sharky and george rules!

Still got a yomega RBII and a Henrys Viper, amazing yo yos. Can still do splitting the atom after a couple of goes even now! :D

I always wanted one of those mini jeep's with the electric motor... I never got one :(

My friend still has one, take it for a spin every now and then, always resulting in the police stopping us.

It was cactus jack, then called himself mankind left, then mick foley when he came back for a while.