The Good Old Days

shucksmith1

Lol. The only time i wanted to wake up early was on a Saturday morning for SM:TV Live and then got thurouly annoyed when crappy CD:UK came on at 11 o'clock. You have forgotten the HIGHLIGHT of the 90s. The first couple of series of Robot Wars where Robots had to complete challenges, like the obstacle coure, the maze which smaller robots could drive under, straight to the finish and there was only one robot battle at the end. Go Roadblock w00p w00p!!! The later series were crap IMO....I missed Robot Football

Edited by ManxTrialSpaz

the best one was an espisode of Hangtime.

Their star player standing by the window in the changing rooms having a crafty fag. Then when its game time he suddenly loses all ability to shoot a basketball and runs out of breath after the first minute of the game. He's all over the place, his game in pieces due to those damn evil cancer sticks! Amazing what one cigarette can do

Even today I thank Hangtime for my ability as a kid to have said no to the peer pressure.

Haha you were never real hardcore yoyo fan then :P it was all about the henrys viper with the bearing hop up kit that made it go longer harder and faster lol (Y)

also THE BEST 3 SHOWS BACK IN THE DAY (Y)

Pinky and the Brain B)

Sharky and george :o

And last but not least!!!!

THE ORIGINAL POKEMON TV SERIES!!!!! Woooo

/regressing

Ben

(ill go back to my corner now lol)

NO NO NO you got it all wrong, theyre called clutches, all the good yoyo's had 4 of them but sum dude in the year above me stole loads of peoples yoyo's (including mine) and made one with about 30 clutches but it looked a huge mess lol.

And all the old t.v. shows, i only liked a few of them but watched all the others because i felt like an outcast if i didnt.

sam

NO NO NO you got it all wrong, theyre called clutches, all the good yoyo's had 4 of them but sum dude in the year above me stole loads of peoples yoyo's (including mine) and made one with about 30 clutches but it looked a huge mess lol.

And all the old t.v. shows, i only liked a few of them but watched all the others because i felt like an outcast if i didnt.

sam

only losers had clutches, the crappy things that made it come back when it slowed down, ask any yoyo pro and they would have metal bearings lubbed up with vasalene :P

I remember the days, HELL YER! Im 20 now and i was having it large as a kid in those days, the school summer felt so long, a whole six weeks of playing, oh my god how the years fly by now :angry: ha ha! Oh and also, you forget to mention such things as.......

NAFF Jackets and tracksuits!

Puffer Jackets

Shell Suits

Sega Megadrive - Sonic the hedgehog

Nintendo - Alex the kid!

Ha Ha! Definitely the good ol' days!

Ah, six weeks holiday. Thats one thing we missed out, most of us that lived through the 90's now have jobs (except you college lot, get a job, you f**king scum) and they DID last forever.

Playing football at the park until 9pm because it was still light, it never used to rain as much. Water fights with your mates, and someone had to ruin the fun because they had a SuperSoaker 9 Billion that took your face off...and always some mardy shit that cried when they got wet.

Never ending walks in fields and you were terried that the farmer would come and get you for tresspassing on his land, being scared of the tramps that lived in the woods.

I have a fond memory of the 6 weeks holiday..

We I live used to be mostly railways, and in a random field theres a long stream, about half way up it there is a lever from when the trains used to run past it (where the steam now is). Anyway, I remember about 15 people come and knock on my door one day and it was everyone from school...we all went down there and were convinced that it was a 'ghost train' and that you pull the lever and the ghost train would come.

So we walked down to the lever, pulled it and ran for your f**king life back to where it was high up and safe...the wind blew the trees and you thought it was coming...and then in the background you would hear a train from the real train track and shit yourself.

I f**king loved being little, just applying no logic to anything, believe anything anyone told you...made life far more interesting.

Its depressing to think that you'll never do any of it again, well, you could, but it wouldn't be the same. 6 weeks holiday, it would be heaven...I dont even get that in a year now.

I'm determined after reading this to get some mates out and have a waterfight this summer...a bit of beer to make me feel young again :)

Did anyone else have random members of the public that you used to call for no reason what so ever?

Just a man that looked like he had a funny walk so you had to shout something to him all the time?

...I have to admit, I still do...We have a strange guy that talks around with bags of leaflets...he looks like Bill Bailey.

And we have X-Ray Cat (from Freddy got fingered) I dont know why we call it him but he walks stupidly fast.

Can he see through wooden doors? See the criminals on the other side? :D

du du du du, du du du, x ray, du du, x ray cat.

He sure can. I think we call it him because he looks slightly like him (you know, in that way that actually he looks nothing like him at all).

I consider half the stuff on that list recent :P

Wasnt the whole pokemon thing only like 3-4 years ago?

Edit: Google says that the cards and red/blue games were released in 1999 :P Some of your kids must have been rather sad :P

Pogs on the other hand i remember having those at middle school :) I think ive still got them somewhere at home.

YOU REMEMBER THE TIME BEFORE LITERACY AND NUMERACY HOUR EXISTED.

Whats literacy hour :S